GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an asus p8z68-v pro/gen3 and have been running it for the past year with no problems until i made a stupid decision to update the bios from 3202 to 3606, running on 3606 i couldn't boot into mountain lion because of kernel panic.

So i thought instead of trying to fix it, if i just downgrade the bios it will work. So i downgraded but i still get the panic, the -v boot info is bellow

It looks to be the power management but i have no idea how to fix.

Btw, the bios update restored all its setting but i restored them to how they was when mac was working

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 169
Yes, i was using a dsdt made by the community

After reinstalling the dsdt through terminal and a usb, i no longer get the kernel panic error. I now get an error where the system hangs at the apple logo on boot without the spinning wheel. Screenshot of the -v boot below

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 221
did you set your SATA to AHCI instead of IDE mode? sometimes a BIOS update will reset some of your settings.

Yes, as in my original post, i restored all my settings in bios after the update and downgrade

Found a fix on another post.

"just delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and boot once with -f UseKernelCache=No flag"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back