Contribute
Register

Kernel Extensions in backtrace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot dog! I've been getting the exact EFI kernel panics trying to install SL on my ASUS X555LAB. (My old 32 bit Mac can't download any versions newer than SL.) I also tried iBoot legacy, and was able to get the Snow Leopard retail dive to install just like the instructions said! But now, there is a new problem:

When I install 10.6.3 using multibeast (easy beast) I first need to set boot1h bs=4096 because of 4K HDD. That works no problem. But when I try to boot from the Snow Leopard HDD like normal, it only brings up the gray apple logo splash screen and freezes. -v only works for a page or two, and then goes to black screen with no kernel panic. Before it goes blank, I do see "ACPI table not found" flash by. My BIOS is set to ACHI. ????

And THANKS FOR THIS THREAD!

Could you post your bios settings, please?

EDIT:
I installed Windows 7 to test if iBoot does recognize it - no success
I found http://www.osx86.net/file/4010-clover-iso-boot-cd-x64-and-ia32/ Clover (?) and this recognizes my installation. Will try if it works.

EDIT 2:
Clover detects the HDD and boots but hangs at "Loading System\Library\Caches\com.apple.kext.caches\StartupExtensions.mkext"

EDIT 3:
A newer Version loads, reboots and now hangs when hitting enter to boot SL. Tried several times and restarted...
How to fix this?

Could you post your bios settings, please?

EDIT:
I installed Windows 7 to test if iBoot does recognize it - no success
I found http://www.osx86.net/file/4010-clover-iso-boot-cd-x64-and-ia32/ Clover (?) and this recognizes my installation. Will try if it works.

Why would you attempt to boot Windows with iBoot?

EDIT 2:
Clover detects the HDD and boots but hangs at "Loading System\Library\Caches\com.apple.kext.caches\StartupExtensions.mkext"

Clover requires careful configuration.

Why would you attempt to boot Windows with iBoot?

I indtalled Windows to test if iBoot dies not recognize my HDD or if my Snow Leopard Installation was not successful.

I indtalled Windows to test if iBoot dies not recognize my HDD or if my Snow Leopard Installation was not successful.

Your only goal with iBoot Broadwell is to install SL. Windows is not involved, not a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back