ASUS GTX 780
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So, I recently installed El Capitan on my HDD and i'm stuck with the audio part now.
My CustoMac runs on an ASRock B75-Pro3-M with Realtek ALC892 chipset. In general my audio works just fine but since El Capitan, my sound starts crackling continuosly when i'm not playing any sounds (approximately after 20-30 secs). I patched my AppleHDA with the CloverALCFix command.
I searched for solutions online and found out, that it could have something to do with the audiochips auto-sleep. So what i need is a script which "plays" a silent sound every 20 seconds in order to keep the chip awake. Any ideas?

Greetz

Solution found.

I looked up the link given by slim.jim and tried some of their methods. Then wrote a script that called the little app PlaySound which should play a 0.1 second audio file with no sound (link below). The idea was to trigger the audio output so the chip is prevented from going to sleep. Problem: The window-focus went to PlaySound everytime the script played the .mp3-file. Writing an e-mail: impossible.

So i wrote a simple loop, used the build-in command afplay to release my .mp3-sample and created a program with Automator. Code can be found below.

Code:
while sleep 1; do afplay /Volumes/MacintoshHD/example.mp3 ; done

Optional: Add your "program" in Preferences -> Users and Groups -> Login Items in order to execute it automatically when logging in.

http://www.xamuel.com/blank-mp3s/ (blank audio files with different durations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back