Contribute
Register

Kanye's Build | i5 2500k | Z77-DS3H | 8GB Ram | GTX 560 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that you will not just need to try the 64bit version. My GB (also a Z77 board with a i5 2500k without O/C) gives around 9600 on the 64-bit setting, but the free 32 bit still gives around 9200/9300.........
My system definition btw (as I'm using HD 3000) is MacMini5,1.

Yea I thought that with the 32-bit version you would only be a few hundred points off, but his setup is a few thousand. Try running it with nothing else open because if your score is somewhat right then your PC is worse than my 2011 MBP 13" Base Level (2.3Ghz, HD3000, 320GB) which gets over 6000.

Update: Added Some new photos to the build

Please post! I want to hear your comments. I do plan to upgrade some things but they will take time, and if I can get all the parts at once, I'll do another build

I do like the build.

I know you run without a DSDT, but had you considered using one? If you take the 560 Ti out, can you still run HD 3000 graphics at full acceleration without a DSDT on your board?

I know on my Z68 board I need the DSDT edits to make all the bits play nice together and to get HDMI audio from everything, so I'm curious on how far you get on your Z77 without the DSDT.......

I do like the build.

I know you run without a DSDT, but had you considered using one? If you take the 560 Ti out, can you still run HD 3000 graphics at full acceleration without a DSDT on your board?

I know on my Z68 board I need the DSDT edits to make all the bits play nice together and to get HDMI audio from everything, so I'm curious on how far you get on your Z77 without the DSDT.......

Yes you can. My monitor came with a VGA cable, which there is no port for on my 560 Ti. All I had to do was unplug the two 6-Pins and the HD3000 automatically takes over. So yes, you can run HD3000 fine, just unplug the power connections from your graphics card (And use the ports on your IO Shield of course)

Have you upgraded to Mountain Lion yet and if so can you verify if dual monitors works on this card?

Have you upgraded to Mountain Lion yet and if so can you verify if dual monitors works on this card?

Sorry, I can't because I don't have a second monitor to use. But honestly, it should work. You just plug both displays in and when you boot into ML you change your settings to which one you want to have as your primary monitor

for some reason unknown to all us 560ti owners dual monitors wont work under 10.8 :(

Must be a sad day for us all. What ports are you using on your 560 Ti? Because I believe the two DVI work best (Last bit of hope)

im using both DVI ports on the card and im using the standard stuff form multibeast. I dont know enough to play with kexts as yet. If you have an idea i would be glad to know.

im using both DVI ports on the card and im using the standard stuff form multibeast. I dont know enough to play with kexts as yet. If you have an idea i would be glad to know.

What do you mean by the standard stuff? Can you post a picture of your Multibeast settings? And it seems like it doesn't work on this card at all because just for testing I switched to the second DVI port on my 560 Ti and it was all black (I might not have gotten any signal for the card if I remember correctly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back