Graphics
MSI Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I just built a machine and once I try to install Snow Leopard it gives me a kernel panic. specs - ga-z77-ds3h , 8gb ram, amd radeon 6770 hd, i3 2100 3.1ghz, can anyone help me, should I try to install lion from a disc?

Hi, I just built a machine and once I try to install Snow Leopard it gives me a kernel panic. specs - ga-z77-ds3h , 8gb ram, amd radeon 6770 hd, i3 2100 3.1ghz, can anyone help me, should I try to install lion from a disc?

goldgrover39

Welcome - as to your Kernel panic - what process are you using - please list or give a URL - if you are following the iBoot & Multibeast webpage to install this you may need to modify your process as you have a MB and a CPU that support or are Sandy Bridge - also AHCi and S3 and Hpet are needed but this MB may not tell you them - also do you have a way of providing only 4 gb ram in one dimm slot- once you boot from iBoot and swap retail Apple 10.6.3 DVD - press PF key 5 - Apple DVD is on screen - then press spacebar and enter - (-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No) followed by a return - stuff on screen will scroll by - if no KP you will get the Apple installer and you need to partition drive per iBOOT Multibeast webpage.
Then see if this slightly modifyied install process works better.- If you get a KP take picture and post ( clear picture please).

Also you dont have a dsdt so a userbeast install is your only wayf or OSX10.6, - now if you have or have access to a mac /hack then you could do the install from a USB for OSX10.7 - Apple has no DVD method to install OSX10.7.- so we cant support you with that.

the following is from jester969
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT
DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.
------------------------------------------------------------

Also there are two apple updates for 10.6.8 - the standard combo and the combo version 1.1: I suggest you try the latter.
Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back