Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, first time posting here, happy to try and learn the hackintosh way!

Been trying to do a lot of research on builds, difficulty, functionality etc. I was about to take the plunge and buy the gigabyte H67 itx board that you guys have a DSDT for and buy parts for it. Then I decided to come check back in and noticed that apple announced Ivy Bridge processors along with a bunch of other goodies!!

Sooo now i'm kind of stuck.
I'm trying to build a really small htpc for my family room, but I would like to be able to run final cut on it in an emergency if needed (macbook pro getting dated!!). So I'm really pushing for an HD4000 onboard, considering the performance improvement over the HD3000.

Any idea what the time table is for DSDT's to be released for HD4000 ITX boards?I'm a noob and can't say after all the research that I'm any closer to understanding kexts and all that "stuff" so really would like an easy to set up itx customac that works "out of the box", with Ivy bridge as my first attempt at this!!!

I'm in no rush for this new build so i can wait... but you all know how it goes, once you get the build bug, its hard to hold back!!

RedZoneOS said:
Hey guys, first time posting here, happy to try and learn the hackintosh way!

Been trying to do a lot of research on builds, difficulty, functionality etc. I was about to take the plunge and buy the gigabyte H67 itx board that you guys have a DSDT for and buy parts for it. Then I decided to come check back in and noticed that apple announced Ivy Bridge processors along with a bunch of other goodies!!

Sooo now i'm kind of stuck.
I'm trying to build a really small htpc for my family room, but I would like to be able to run final cut on it in an emergency if needed (macbook pro getting dated!!). So I'm really pushing for an HD4000 onboard, considering the performance improvement over the HD3000.

Any idea what the time table is for DSDT's to be released for HD4000 ITX boards?I'm a noob and can't say after all the research that I'm any closer to understanding kexts and all that "stuff" so really would like an easy to set up itx customac that works "out of the box", with Ivy bridge as my first attempt at this!!!

I'm in no rush for this new build so i can wait... but you all know how it goes, once you get the build bug, its hard to hold back!!

While I do not know about the timetable, the fact is whether you have HD4000 depends on the CPU you used, not on the motherboard. Do you know which processors have HD4000?

@ James Bond,
I know the HD4000 relies on the cpu I use. but I would have to buy an Ivy bridge compatible motherboard in order to use such processors. My problem is, i'm not familiar with kext edits, and trouble shooting hackintosh computers so I don't want to buy the newest motherboard if there isn't an "official" tonymac build that I can follow along with and get help for.

@ Gordo,
The motherboards that support Ivy Bridge would still need DSDT edits based on the onboard hardware used?? that's what i'm most concerned about...

Gordo74 said:
A little birdy told me that HD4000 support is coming VERY soon and it will be NATIVE, like the HD3000, no DSDT edits needed.
MacMan or tony. These two can be only. :lol:

RedZoneOS said:
@ James Bond,
I know the HD4000 relies on the cpu I use. But I would have to buy an Ivy bridge compatible motherboard in order to use such processors. My problem is, i'm not familiar with kext edits, and trouble shooting hackintosh computers so I don't want to buy the newest motherboard if there isn't an "official" tonymac build that I can follow along with and get help for.

The older H61 / H67 / Z68 motherboards and the newer B75 / H77 / Z77 are both compatible with Ivy Bridge processors after a BIOS update, at least that's the case with the motherboards I am using.

I use a Sandy Bridge processor with my system, and I did not go through any kext edit to get my system working under Snow Leopard and Lion. And I would imagine once Mountain Lion is released Tony will release tools that will allow installation on an Ivy Bridge system without the need for kext edits and modified kernels in the majority of cases.

oh interesting, I knew that both were 1155 processors but didnt think that manufacturers would release BIOS updates to make the older sandy bridge mobos compatible with ivy bridge (you know with capitalism, maximizing profits and all that jazz). That is great to hear, thanks for the info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back