Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone.
I'm very new in all this hackintosh stuff so I hope someone can help me. First of all THANKS for helping me this far already!

Now to the problems. Whenever I open iTunes or quicktime my hackintosh freezes. I've been searching around for a couple of hours trying to find other posts. I did find a couple of post but I haven't really found a solution. Therefore I thought posting might help. Worst case is no replies :)

As I said, I'm very new, just got my hackintosh running today.

Configuration:
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6850
RAM: Corsair Vengence Blu 1600Mhz DDR3 (8GB)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 341
Power Supply: OCZ 500watt ModXStream Pro
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc
Hard Drive: Seagate 1 TB 7200RPM

EDIT:(please read EDIT2 below also)
This is very weird. Just after posting this I tried opening iTunes and it was running PERFECTLY. Then I tried Quicktime which now caused no problems too. Anyone who has tried this? I'm hoping it's fixed it self permanently but I'll update if I'm getting problems with iTunes again

EDIT2: Back to having the same problems in iTunes and Quicktime. I could use some help

Remove the appleupstreamuserclient.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ and reboot.

Keep a backup of the file - just in case.

Thanks a lot dawiinci!!!!

This did fix the problem :D
I'm starting to like my new toy here...

Does anyone know the reason why removing "AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext" stops iTunes/quicktime from freezing? Not very important, I'm just trying to learn what I'm actually doing. I've been fixing some bugs just from doing what people writes on different forums, but I don't really know what I'm doing.

Again, THANKS to every patient person who's taking some time to help noobs like me!!!!!

Thanks to this Info my problem was similar but it seems now to be solved Thanks a thousand times TonyMacX86 Life Saver on the hackintosh field

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Im not sure of which mode to boot in or the commands in which to write to disable the kext.

could someone possibly point me in the right direction?

ta,
Dunc

dawiinci said:
Remove the appleupstreamuserclient.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ and reboot.

Keep a backup of the file - just in case.

I had the same problem, thank you a lot!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back