Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
Intel Core i5
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 470
Hi Guys,

So I had a working OSX Lion hack for about a year now. Was fantastic. I got a bit cocky and tried to update to 10.7.5 and lost sound. ARG! No matter what I tried sound would not come back. Finally in frustration I decided to take the plunge and just upgrade to Mountain Lion. Got the new unibeast, created my USB installer and went for it. Everything seemed to go ok (except the wierd no mouse thing). When I went to boot chameleon was still working but I get an ACPI error.

I have tried the following boot commands:
-V-X-F ACPI=OFF PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
-V-X ACPI=OFF PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
-V-X ACPI=OFF PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
-V-X ACPI=OFF PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
-V-X CPUS=1 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Nothing has worked. Out of frustration I re-installed and retried all the above commands. Zip. Then I went ahead and recreated my USB installer and tried again. (still nothing). I have now run out of ideas and could use some help. I really dont want to lose my system =(

My Specs are in my Sig and I've attached a screenshot of the kernel panic I continuously get.

Attachments

• IMG_2452.jpg
    IMG_2452.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 217
use dart=0 -f GraphicsEnabler=YES u might need PCIRootUID=0 or1 dont add it unleess u need it

Interesting! I'll give this a shot ASAP. Why disable the memory mapping? Just curious.

No go still have same kernel panic

why not do a fresh install with new multi beast and chimera?

ok now u have no choice but to use the -x safe mode flag u can do a fresh install now install with unibeast stick and install multibeast good luck make sure u remove any extra hdds and pci/pcie cards at this point u can put in after multi beast if u get macs swapon cussess and hangs remove each pci/pcie card until u get past this not all hardware is compatable.

ok now u have no choice but to use the -x safe mode flag u can do a fresh install now install with unibeast stick and install multibeast good luck make sure u remove any extra hdds and pci/pcie cards at this point u can put in after multi beast if u get macs swapon cussess and hangs remove each pci/pcie card until u get past this not all hardware is compatable.

I've done a fresh install 2x. Doesnt' matter every time it brings me back to the same kernel panic. I cannot boot Into OSX to even run multibeast. -x doesn't work either.

You have a kernel panic. There are generally four causes: incompatible CPU, problem with a graphic card, Bios or DSDT problems.

1. the CPU is probably fine.
2. Remove graphics card. Do you have on board graphics or must you borrow another card?
3. check your BIOS settings. They shouldn't have changed, but research it on this site for the proper setting for your card. The same goes for MultiBeast and DSDT.

This is a start. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in.

Bump. Still got zip. Anyone have a solution to this KP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back