Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Guys,

as I mentiond in my other thread I have a little Problem with my 8800gts.
First: I can boot normal. SL starts "flawless".

At the moment two things won't work properly

1. I use a NV8800gts. It seems to work fine, but i can only choose ONE resolution (1024*768). I checked my kext and found nothing with an NV-präfix except: NVClockX.kext
I also have a kext called "RadeonMonitor.kext" and "ATI48xxinjector.kext" but I don't know if I can delete them.

I used Multibeast 3.8 (Just followed the instructions of tony's guide)

EDIT: The "Device Manager" tells me only these few information about my Graphics and Monitor:

Typ: GPU
BUS: PCIe
PCe-Lane-Width: x16
VRAM: 3MB <--- ?????
Manufacture: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device-ID: 0x0193
Version-ID: 0x00a2

Monitor
Resolution: 1024*768
Pixeldepth: 32Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Mainmonitor: yes
Sync: no
Power on: yes
(sorry for incorrect tanslations)

Here a list with all my kexts, please tell me which I need or may can be deleted.

ACPIMonitor
ALC8xxHDA
ATI48xxinjector
ElliottForceLegacyRTC
EvOreboot
FakeSMC
IntelCPUMonitor
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
JMicron36xATA
JMicron36xeSATA
JMicron36xSATA
LegaceAppleRTC
NullCPUPowerManagment
NVClockX
RadeonMonitor
SuperIOFamily

I hope anybody can help me with those issues. I've spent 2 days in installing SnowLeopard I don't want to give up now!!!

It should be fairly easy to get working. It worked fine for me with graphics enabler=yes and set the native screen-resolution. Do you really need all these kexts in your /Extra folder?!

piece of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

In OS Lion it doesn't work anymore so I used EFI-string. This will also work in SL
Code:
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>6e020000010000000....... and another sillion numbers
</string>

Easiest way to get EFI-string is to get [EFI-studio and look for your card. Both GTS 320MB and 640MB are in there. you also need to add your device-id to NVDANV50HAL.kext in S/L/E. yours is most likely the same as mine; 0x019310de&amp;0xfff0ffff. Go te NVDANV50HAL.kext rightmouse "Show package content", choose /Contents/Info.plist add the device-id there in the string-element. After that you have te rebuild cache files in SL I used the tool pfix but in Lion i run the following script (also speeds up boot times)

Code:
sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

hope it helps

Hello Guys,

those kexts where in extra/extensions

I have another extensions folder with quite more of them.
Well, i tried this
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

(I had only GraphicsEnabler before)

But it doesn't worked for me.

I used Multibeast to wrote the PCIRootUID=1 as a standard startup option (this wasn't nessessary before I updated to 10.6.8....) and now it works!!! I have a fully functional Graphic-Card now :)

Thanks to all who read this and gave me an advice.
Luckily I got my W-Lan work, too :)

Now I have to figure out how I to get the sleep-mode working :)

In OS Lion it doesn't work anymore so I used EFI-string. This will also work in SL
Code:
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>6e020000010000000....... and another sillion numbers
</string>

Easiest way to get EFI-string is to get [EFI-studio and look for your card. Both GTS 320MB and 640MB are in there. you also need to add your device-id to NVDANV50HAL.kext in S/L/E. yours is most likely the same as mine; 0x019310de&amp;0xfff0ffff. Go te NVDANV50HAL.kext rightmouse "Show package content", choose /Contents/Info.plist add the device-id there in the string-element. After that you have te rebuild cache files in SL I used the tool pfix but in Lion i run the following script (also speeds up boot times)

Code:
sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

--->> I will keep this in mind when I want to update to Lion.
Question: Is it possible to make a timemashine backup and if the Update to Lion fails to wrote a backup from SL back to the HardDrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back