Contribute
Register

is there way to use AMD FIREPRO W2100 for 4k display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have AMD FIREPRO W2100 and 4K display which is connected DP 1.2 I would need to know if there is a way to use this card. The card is completely without drivers (kexts) now, because I have no idea which ones I can use or if there are any.Thank You very much.

I have AMD FIREPRO W2100 and 4K display which is connected DP 1.2 I would need to know if there is a way to use this card. The card is completely without drivers (kexts) now, because I have no idea which ones I can use or if there are any.Thank You very much.

If it could work you'd need to use the AMD Firepro kexts included in OS X already or if Apple would
possibly add support once the Mac Pro is refreshed. No estimated TOA on that. Just try it out and
see what happens.

I found on youtube I ave to change it in EXTRA folder the graphics to = yes, but I dont have that folder or I cant find it. I tried use multibeast and everytime I do use it I cant start anymore.
So I dont know if it is yes or no. will try to find out. thanks.

I figured out GraphicsEnabler=no or yes and it does not work either way. I dont know how to install any kext...

Boot flags are case sensitive and if you get them wrong they have no effect.

GraphicsEnabler=no or yes is wrong - It should be :

GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back