Graphics
ASUS GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello ! Thank you for visiting my topics !
(Sorry for my english, I'm French and I'm not as good as you are at speaking English :p )

I wanted to know if my build was compatible with OS X, and if it was possible for me to install a Hackintosh (yeay :) !)

So here are my specs :

CPU : i7 4790 (non-K version)
MOBO : Z97-A (from ASUS)
GPU : GTX 970 (from ASUS)
ALIM : 550W 80+ Bronze
HDD/SSD : 128 GO SSD (Windows OS) + 256 SSD (Normaly Hackintosh OS) + 2*1 TO HDD (Data)

An other question, will I be able to read some NTFS files with my OS X system ? I heard about an application that allowed it.

I think that all for now ! Thank you for reading my topics, see you :)

Welcom to the forum !

There is a guide for the Z97-A motherboard here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ild-z97-i3-4340-hd4600-thunderbolt-ex-ii.html

You won't need to apply the two integrated graphics quick fixes that are listed there if you are
installing Yosemite instead of Mavericks.

You can follow this and install using the integrated Intel HD graphics and then install your 970
later, after you have run multibeast. Should be very easy to install Yosemite. Search for a program
online called Paragon NTFS to be able to write to an NTFS formatted drive.

Good luck on your new build.

Ok, thanks for the informations ! I'm doing it right now !

Cheers and Have Fun ! :)

With Windows 10, it seemed to always effectively Hibernate at shutdown (for faster startup, I guess). The result was that on the Mac side, it always made the NTFS volume read-only because the Windows system was currently hibernated.

Is there any way around that other than disabling the Hibernate behavior in Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back