Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Intel Pentium g2020 2.9 ghz Ivy Bridge
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Radeon r7 250 (can take this out if not compatible, if the integrated graphics will run MacOS fine.)
MOBO: generic Lenovo (original PC was a Lenovo Thinkcentre m92p, but CPU and GPU have been changed.

Couple of things I would like:

Dual monitor (GPU has display, and DVI) mainboard has (vga) dvi)

QE/CI support (otherwise the system will run terrible)

Multibeast settings I need after successful installation.

I've read places that I don't need to spoof my CPU id, as Ivy Bridge Pentium is natively supported in MacOS.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: If you don't think it'll run well, please tell me before I install. Thanks.

Intel Pentium g2020 2.9 ghz Ivy Bridge
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Radeon r7 250 (can take this out if not compatible, if the integrated graphics will run MacOS fine.)
MOBO: generic Lenovo (original PC was a Lenovo Thinkcentre m92p, but CPU and GPU have been changed.

Couple of things I would like:

Dual monitor (GPU has display, and DVI) mainboard has (vga) dvi)

QE/CI support (otherwise the system will run terrible)

Multibeast settings I need after successful installation.

I've read places that I don't need to spoof my CPU id, as Ivy Bridge Pentium is natively supported in MacOS.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: If you don't think it'll run well, please tell me before I install. Thanks.

The Pentium G2020 will probably be OK - the Intel HD graphics are not supported - so you will need to use a compatible GPU. The Lenovo mobo is a bit of an unknown as we do not know what the ethernet and audio chips used are - therefor you should check this out using CPU-Z or similar with windows.

If there are kexts available for OS X/MacOS to suit you ehernet and audio then you should be fine. It would be possible to add a Mac compatible PCIe ethernet card or wifi card. Audio can be handled with USB audio adapters.

I think that the Radeon R7 250 will work but there may be a black screen issue that you can work around. See the following thread/links for further information:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

I advise against using 15 pin d-sub with OS X/MacOS - it doesn't work great, stick with digital video cables and connections for best results. Bottom line is that you just need to give it a go, if you get stuck then post in the correct desktop support section of the forum:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/categories/installation.128/

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back