Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master
CPU
i7-10700F
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I've made two hackintosh machines over the years. One was running High Sierra until I upgraded components to run Monterey. The upgrade to Monterey was more of challenging than the previous hackintosh. After I upgraded the graphics card, motherboard, processor, wifi, created a new EFI, downloaded all the necessary kexts and spent countless hours on the forums troubleshooting to just get the OS to boot, I found myself wondering if it's all worth it. Did I save a little money, sure, but not as much as you think considering I have yet to find a buyer for my old graphics card, motherboard, and processor. It just seems as Apple continues down the path of not using any third party parts that the future of being able to hackintosh is on a timer with time running out.

I'm interested to hear other people's experiences and thoughts on the practical future of hacking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have started hackintosh advanture since OSX Leopard or Lion long time ago. For me, hacintoshes have become sort of hobby after so many years. So the answer is not simple. It depends on the meaning of a word ”worth”.

Back