Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[Solved] Is EasyBeast/DSDT really necessary?

Hi everyone!

As I mentioned in the title, I was asking myself if I have to install either Easybeast or User-DSDT.
At a current stage, my Hackintosh (Mac OS X Mountain Lion) is now running after 5 failed installations. I'm not sure of the cause, but I think that is in some way related to easy beast/dsdt that I installed with MultiBeast. So to prevent any other failure (usually kernel-panic), i was thinking if it is a good idea to not install these, and simply use drivers that suites my needs (I have an ASUS p8p67 le, so i'm going to use Lnx2mac realtek, ALC892 audio driver and chameleon boot loader).

Thx in advance

Bye!

Hi everyone!

As I mentioned in the title, I was asking myself if I have to install either Easybeast or User-DSDT.
At a current stage, my Hackintosh (Mac OS X Mountain Lion) is now running after 5 failed installations. I'm not sure of the cause, but I think that is in some way related to easy beast/dsdt that I installed with MultiBeast. So to prevent any other failure (usually kernel-panic), i was thinking if it is a good idea to not install these, and simply use drivers that suites my needs (I have an ASUS p8p67 le, so i'm going to use Lnx2mac realtek, ALC892 audio driver and chameleon boot loader).

Thx in advance

Bye!

You generally use UserDSDT or EasyBeast to get a starter /Extra folder (containing smbios.plist, org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and bootloader themes). Without that you won't have an /Extra folder so certain selections in Multibeast will result in failure. You could create all these folders/files yourself, but it is easier to start with the ones provided...

But I risk to brake the system, don't I? Or at least, that's what happened when I installed Hackintosh the others times

But I risk to brake the system, don't I? Or at least, that's what happened when I installed Hackintosh the others times

If it does, then you're not choosing the right options is all...

So what shall I do?

If you have an issue, boot with "-v" and show screen shot. After that you can boot using your Unibeast USB and fix whatever is wrong...

What are you selecting in Multibeast?

This is my MultiBeast config:
-Drivers & Bootloaders
Drivers
Audio
Realtek ALC8xx
Without DSDT
--->ALC892
Network
--->Realtek - Lnx2Mac RealtekRTL 81xx
-Customization
System Definitions
---> iMac 12,1

I also install the chameleon 2.1.2 bootloader when i'm not using easybeast or userdsdt

EDIT:here's the screenshot of MB

Attachments

• Schermata 2013-08-31 alle 17.27.04.jpg
    Schermata 2013-08-31 alle 17.27.04.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 501
This is my MultiBeast config:
-Drivers & Bootloaders
Drivers
Audio
Realtek ALC8xx
Without DSDT
--->ALC892
Network
--->Realtek - Lnx2Mac RealtekRTL 81xx
-Customization
System Definitions
---> iMac 12,1

I also install the chameleon 2.1.2 bootloader when i'm not using easybeast or userdsdt

EDIT:here's the screenshot of MB

It looks OK (I'm assuming you've checked your motherboard specs for things like the audio codec -- I didn't check).

But I'm pretty sure for your motherboard you'll need patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext or you'll get AppleIntelCPU* panic. Either that or NullCPUPowerManagement or patching your BIOS.

Also, you'll need to select UserDSDT to get a proper /Extra folder setup.

Alright, so where can I download patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? I think i've already tried using NullPowerManagement with fakeSMC in MB, but it failed, don't know why...

Alright, so where can I download patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? I think i've already tried using NullPowerManagement with fakeSMC in MB, but it failed, don't know why...

It is in Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back