Contribute
Register

iPhoto 9.2 Update - iCloud / Photostream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems I keep adding to this thread...

I have my "main" iPhoto library on one of my Macs, I turned on photo stream on it, and added 22 pictures to the stream.

Then, I fired up iPhoto on a different Mac, turned on photo stream, and after thinking about it for a moment it started to download photos... stopping at 17.

If I add one photo at a time, it appears on the other computer pretty quickly. If I add several, only some make it through.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I don't have an iDevice that can run iOS5, so I can't test photo stream there...

w6vms said:
Seems I keep adding to this thread...

I have my "main" iPhoto library on one of my Macs, I turned on photo stream on it, and added 22 pictures to the stream.

Then, I fired up iPhoto on a different Mac, turned on photo stream, and after thinking about it for a moment it started to download photos... stopping at 17.

If I add one photo at a time, it appears on the other computer pretty quickly. If I add several, only some make it through.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I don't have an iDevice that can run iOS5, so I can't test photo stream there...

Yes- I saw that- I'm pretty sure that iCloud downloads stuff as you need it- not all in the background at once. Or maybe just while Apple's servers are getting attacked- who knows.

tonymacx86 said:
Yes- I saw that- I'm pretty sure that iCloud downloads stuff as you need it- not all in the background at once. Or maybe just while Apple's servers are getting attacked- who knows.

Well, but how would iCloud "know" what you need? If I go to the photo stream tab on iPhoto on a given computer, I'd expect to see the whole kit and caboodle, otherwise how would I know what I need?

iPhoto 9.2.1 Update

iPhoto 9.2.1

About iPhoto 9.2.1
What's New in iPhoto 9.2.1
Addresses an issue that could cause iPhoto to quit unexpectedly on Macs with the 3ivxVideoCodec plug-in installed

Included in version 9.2

Addresses compatibility with iCloud and iOS 5
Left and right swipe gestures can now be used to navigate between photos in Magnify (1-up) view
Previously imported photos are now displayed in a separate section of the Import window
Book/calendar themes and card categories can now be selected using a pop-up menu in the carousel view
Resolves an issue that could cause some pages of books to print incorrectly
Rebuilding a library now correctly preserves saved slideshows and books
This update is recommended for all users of iPhoto '11.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1462

Version: 9.2.1
Post Date: October 26, 2011
Download ID: DL1462
File Size: 357.18 MB

w6vms said:
w6vms said:
So, iPhoto 9.2 works fine with a small library and Photo Stream turned on. But with a large library (311 GB), it crashes if Photo Stream is turned on.

I can reproduce this every time.

And I found a fix. The 3ivx add-on for Quicktime is the culprit. Removing it fixes the problem.

And now, the iPhoto 9.2.1 update, available right now, addresses this very issue.

A happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back