1. iOS
Available in App Store.

Attachments

• iphoto.png
    iphoto.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 400
tonymacx86 said:
No- it's a free update through App Store. :thumbup:

App store doesn't show any updates for iPhoto (though I did get a bi Xcode update). Clicking on "check for updates" on iPhoto says that 9.1.5 is the latest.

Am I missing something?

w6vms said:
tonymacx86 said:

App store doesn't show any updates for iPhoto (though I did get a bi Xcode update). Clicking on "check for updates" on iPhoto says that 9.1.5 is the latest.

Am I missing something?

If you have iLife '11 it's either in the App Store or in Software Update.

tonymacx86 said:
w6vms said:
tonymacx86 said:

Am I missing something?

If you have iLife '11 it's either in the App Store or in Software Update.

I have iLife '11, which I installed from a disc before the app store came into existence.

The app store tells me all of my apps are up to date. Software update check on iPhoto says 9.1.5 is latest and greatest. Software update on OS X says 10.7.2 is the only update.

Ah... light bulb moment... maybe I need to be on 10.7.2 before the app store tells me I need iPhoto 9.2

Let me try upgrading...

w6vms said:
Ah... light bulb moment... maybe I need to be on 10.7.2 before the app store tells me I need iPhoto 9.2

Let me try upgrading...

Indeed! Upgraded to 10.7.2, app store still said nothing new, but software update did find 9.2, which is currently downloading.

So, iPhoto 9.2 works fine with a small library and Photo Stream turned on. But with a large library (311 GB), it crashes if Photo Stream is turned on.

I can reproduce this every time.

w6vms said:
So, iPhoto 9.2 works fine with a small library and Photo Stream turned on. But with a large library (311 GB), it crashes if Photo Stream is turned on.

I can reproduce this every time.

And I found a fix. The 3ivx add-on for Quicktime is the culprit. Removing it fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back