1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I need some help on this issue.

I have Mountain Lion 10.8.2 installed.

USB is working perfectly with my keyboard, mouse, headset.

However it is not recognizing my iPad, iPhone or any USB storage device.

I verified that the kernel version is the same in uname -a, System.kext and Info.plist (it is version 12.2.0).

But I really want to get iPhone to connect/get recognized/charge so I can properly run/test my development ideas.

Any suggestions to resolve this?

Thank you so much!
-Tombolo

Does this problem happen with both the Intel USB ports AND the the ASMedia USB ports?

Did you install the ASMedia drivers from multibeast?

Do the proper USB ports / hubs appear in System Information?

Are you using an external hub, or overloading any of the ports, where these devices problematic device are connected? When I say overloading, I mean power, since any one USB hub can only provide so much wattage to power the devices.

i had the same prob when itunes 11 came out. it didn't want to recognize anything that was plugged into the computer. (except for the keyboard, bt and such) It actually took a reboot after install and (once in a while) a restart of itunes before these other items were recognized and the iphone would charge. very strange indeed. with 10.8.x (can't mention the last number) it seems to be better. not perfect, but better. i've asked some others and it appears to be an itunes prob but only with certain gigabyte boards and such. and why it happens, i have no clue. i ain't that savvy with the os. ok...so this doesn't really help...cuz i have no idea if you installed the new itunes or not ... but maybe its a place to start. and you're running it off an asus...so i'm completely off the wall here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back