Graphics
GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm building a new computer and trying to get OS X installed using the iBoot 2.0 ATI CD and a 10.6.3 Retail DVD.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD7
Intel Core i7 875k
Asus Radeon EAH4870 1GB
Apple 160GB SATA HD (circa 2004) in the first Intel SATA port
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA HD in the second Intel SATA port
Lite-On DVD-RW (IDE)

I followed the iBoot 2.0 guide on the blog (AHCI, HPET 64-bit, etc.) I've disable most of the integrated peripherals (USB 3.0, SATA 6Gbps, Audio codec, Firewire, both LAN ports, half the IDE controllers) which has gotten me down to my currently unresolvable kernel panic. Seemingly involving USB drivers:

Code:
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily v.3.9.6 a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present

Is the part we seem to be tripping over. Does anyone have any idea what the solution is? Or perhaps troubleshooting steps I should take to get it working? I've seen other users reporting success with this motherboard, so I assume there must be a way to get it working.

GeneralAntilles said:
I'm building a new computer and trying to get OS X installed using the iBoot 2.0 ATI CD and a 10.6.4 Retail DVD.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD7
Intel Core i7 875k
Asus Radeon EAH4870 1GB
Lite-On DVD-RW (IDE)

I followed the iBoot 2.0 guide on the blog (AHCI, HPET 64-bit, etc.) I've disable most of the integrated peripherals (USB 3.0, SATA 6Gbps, Audio codec, Firewire, both LAN ports, half the IDE controllers) which has gotten me down to my currently unresolvable kernel panic. Seemingly involving USB drivers:

Code:
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily v.3.9.6 a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present

Is the part we seem to be tripping over. Does anyone have any idea what the solution is? Or perhaps troubleshooting steps I should take to get it working? I've seen other users reporting success with this motherboard, so I assume there must be a way to get it working.
There is no such thing as a 10.6.4 Retail DVD.

MacMan said:
There is no such thing as a 10.6.4 Retail DVD.
Indeed not. 10.6.3, that should be.

GeneralAntilles said:
I'm building a new computer and trying to get OS X installed using the iBoot 2.0 ATI CD and a 10.6.3 Retail DVD.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD7
Intel Core i7 875k
Asus Radeon EAH4870 1GB
Lite-On DVD-RW (IDE)

Code:

Have the same board, and i just got everything working. All of the USB controlers and Audio, SATA, both LANs is working.

Even USB 3.0 ports are working, just probably not at that throughput.

How did you install it?

I used iBoot for fermi, installed 10.6.3 from a 8 gig USB drive, applied 10.6.4 patch, installed Multibeast with DSDT.aml from the database (F6 bios, user DSDT mode), installed audio kext (manually since the one provided is 4 outs 2 ins and that one doesn't enable digital out, you need 3 outs 2 ins for that), nvenabler (switched to 9500GT until there's a stable Fermi kext), and other system kexts (fakemsc and so on)

lukarak said:
How did you install it?
Downloaded and burnt the 6/15/10 iBoot 2.0 ATI to a CD on one of my old G5s.
Set BIOS to optimized defaults, HPET 64-bit, AHCI, CDROM first boot device.
Placed iBoot ATI CD in drive, reboot.
Remove iBoot CD, place Retail 10.6.3 CD in drive, hit F5.
Boot from Retail CD.
Kernel panic after about 5 minutes of gray Apple.

lukarak said:
I used iBoot for fermi, installed 10.6.3 from a 8 gig USB drive
I may try restoring the DVD to an external drive and see if that helps.

Is there any way to get the full log of the verbose start messages when booting from DVD? The text of the kernel panic scrolls all of the relevant information off screen. . . .

GeneralAntilles said:
Is there any way to get the full log of the verbose start messages when booting from DVD? The text of the kernel panic scrolls all of the relevant information off screen. . . .
Enter "-v" at boot volume selection.

MacMan said:
Enter "-v" at boot volume selection.
Yes, I'm already in verbose mode. The problem is that when the kp hits all of the relevant stuff before it scrolls off screen. So, is there a way to dump this to a file (or, if it's already doing so, where is the file) or otherwise get to the information off screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back