Contribute
Register

Intro and Ready to push the button on a Customac Mini Deluxe (sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P8Z77-I Deluxe
CPU
i7*3770K LGA1155
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX660-TI 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Sawasdee Krub from exotic Bangkok Thailand, Land of Smiles!

My first Mac was a PowerBook G4; then a friend gave me an old iBook G4. Neither function very well anymore. For the past five years I've relied on yucky clunky PC boxes since I couldn't afford to fork over thousands for what I really wanted. Once the bucks became available I started researching building my own; one thing led to another and I discovered "Hackintosh" and my heart started racing. I can't help it. I'm an avid DIY'er. Some day I hope to build the house I've modelled in SketchUp; it's a 58MB file. I also suffer from CLA (Christmas Light Addiction) and require a fair amount of speed and graphic power to program the synchronized light show.

Long story short, I thought I'd check here before I placed the orders at Amazon and Newegg. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay for reshipment by USPS to TH since most of these components are either unavailable here, or if they are, the price is greater than US$+shipping. Set to check out are:

CPU Intel Core i7-3770K

Mobo Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe

RAM G.Skill Trident X 8GB (PC319200)

Case BitFenix Prodigy (available locally!)

PSU Silverstone Strider Plus ST50F-P

GPU GeForce GTX 660 Ti

SSD 2X SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD

HDD SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD

Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14

OD LG Blu-Ray WH14NS40 and MacGo Blu-Ray Player Suite

WLAN Atheros AR9280

BT IOGear GBU521

Monitor Samsung SyncMaster LS24B370H (locally)

Win7 Ultimate

OSX 10.6.3 Snow Leopard DVD (for a start)

Many thanks to everyone at tonymacx86 for providing so much info; especially the GED's Prodigy and v310's First Build threads and all the experts who have chimed in. (I hope to hear from you!)

Sawasdee Krub from exotic Bangkok Thailand, Land of Smiles!

My first Mac was a PowerBook G4; then a friend gave me an old iBook G4. Neither function very well anymore. For the past five years I've relied on yucky clunky PC boxes since I couldn't afford to fork over thousands for what I really wanted. Once the bucks became available I started researching building my own; one thing led to another and I discovered "Hackintosh" and my heart started racing. I can't help it. I'm an avid DIY'er. Some day I hope to build the house I've modelled in SketchUp; it's a 58MB file. I also suffer from CLA (Christmas Light Addiction) and require a fair amount of speed and graphic power to program the synchronized light show.

Long story short, I thought I'd check here before I placed the orders at Amazon and Newegg. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay for reshipment by USPS to TH since most of these components are either unavailable here, or if they are, the price is greater than US$+shipping. Set to check out are:

CPU Intel Core i7-3770K

Mobo Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe

RAM G.Skill Trident X 8GB (PC319200)

Case BitFenix Prodigy (available locally!)

PSU Silverstone Strider Plus ST50F-P

GPU GeForce GTX 660 Ti

SSD 2X SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD

HDD SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD

Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14

OD LG Blu-Ray WH14NS40 and MacGo Blu-Ray Player Suite

WLAN Atheros AR9280

BT IOGear GBU521

Monitor Samsung SyncMaster LS24B370H (locally)

Win7 Ultimate

OSX 10.6.3 Snow Leopard DVD (for a start)

Many thanks to everyone at tonymacx86 for providing so much info; especially the GED's Prodigy and v310's First Build threads and all the experts who have chimed in. (I hope to hear from you!)

Good build :thumbup: . Once you get your parts assembled and are ready to install, remember you need iBoot Ivy Bridge to install SL with and use the integrated HD4000 gfx. Install the GTX660Ti after you update to at least 10.8.2 to get native support and use GE=No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back