Contribute
Register

Internal Hard disk not detected during Sierra installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
i have a Dell inspiron 7559 (i7-6700hq + intel hd530) with my internal 1TB Seagate hard disk + 256 m.2 Samsung 850 evo.
I've followed the guide here, but when i'm in the sierra installer, i can only see the usb pendrive. I've tried to add some kext but with no result.
Actually, i've done exactly every step in the guide; what else can i do now? :(

could be that the hard disk is not a GPT partition table. or not hfs+ formated.

But them are not detected also in the disk utility (so, how can i format them in hfs+?)! I've an internal disk (DATA) that it is NTFS... but when i plug an external hard disk (NTFS too), this one is detected, so i assume that it could be some kind of problem of SATA, and in the BIOS i set AHCI.

boot the usb installer, open utilities and open Terminal, then run this command and post its result .

$ diskutil list

I have deleted all the partions on my ssd (it is raw now).
Here attached, the screen of the command. It seems like it does not detect both disks at all.
Sorry for the photo but now im only with the phone :)

Attachments

• 20161031_182711.jpg
    20161031_182711.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 177
Sorry that's all I could help with ,

either you should change something in the bios . or you need some kext . or a faulty connector .
I'm sure someone else will help you . :(

Thank you very much... on windows it works all perfectly. Im trying to change something in the BIOS..
Can someone help me, pleasee? :'(

Hello,
i have a Dell inspiron 7559 (i7-6700hq + intel hd530) with my internal 1TB Seagate hard disk + 256 m.2 Samsung 850 evo.
I've followed the guide here, but when i'm in the sierra installer, i can only see the usb pendrive. I've tried to add some kext but with no result.
Actually, i've done exactly every step in the guide; what else can i do now? :(

You probably forgot about SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.

See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thank you RehabMan for your support.It boots properly :)
Now, i wonder if i have to install these kext with kextbeast as "system" kext. Should i? What else should i modify?

Thank you RehabMan for your support.It boots properly :)
Now, i wonder if i have to install these kext with kextbeast as "system" kext. Should i? What else should i modify?

Your question is answered in post #2 of the guide.

Hint: All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back