Contribute
Register

Intel NUC DC53427HYE (NUC i5-3427U/USB3/HDMI) - OSX 10.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody,

I also bought a nuc 53427 and the mavericks installation totaly failed :banghead:

I followed the unibeast tutorial and when the appel logo appears the screen is freezing. Then i´ve booted in verbose mode and the 1st error was ATHR: unknown locale: 60. I thought it was the Atheros Wifi Card. So i installed Win7 and changed the regdomain as seen here. No Change... Then I removed the wifi card which was honoured with a smcReadKeyAction error. And know, after 6 hours trying. Please help me!!!

A silly question: If you want to enter a bootflag, you only have to write it down eg -x when the bootloader appears and then you have to press enter, or not?

Thanks a lot for helping and sorry because of my bad english...

Hello everybody,

I also bought a nuc 53427 and the mavericks installation totaly failed :banghead:

I followed the unibeast tutorial and when the appel logo appears the screen is freezing. Then i´ve booted in verbose mode and the 1st error was ATHR: unknown locale: 60. I thought it was the Atheros Wifi Card. So i installed Win7 and changed the regdomain as seen here. No Change... Then I removed the wifi card which was honoured with a smcReadKeyAction error. And know, after 6 hours trying. Please help me!!!

A silly question: If you want to enter a bootflag, you only have to write it down eg -x when the bootloader appears and then you have to press enter, or not?

Thanks a lot for helping and sorry because of my bad english...

Boot with:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

-or-

Make sure IGP memory is set to 64mb.
Make sure you have a *digital* connection to your monitor

Boot without flags or perhaps with only dart=0

Hey RehabMan,

thanks for helping!

IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

I´m reaching the installation menue and osx is installing and then installation aborted.
I´m going to create a new usb stick and try again

Make sure IGP memory is set to 64mb.
Make sure you have a *digital* connection to your monitor
Boot without flags or perhaps with only dart=0

Digital Connection over display port
Graphics Memory was set to 64, 128 and 256
booting without flags: ATHR:unknown locale 60
booting with dart=0: same

Other Ideas please...

Hey RehabMan,

thanks for helping!

I´m reaching the installation menue and osx is installing and then installation aborted.
I´m going to create a new usb stick and try again

Corrupt USB/installer?

Digital Connection over display port
Graphics Memory was set to 64, 128 and 256
booting without flags: ATHR:unknown locale 60
booting with dart=0: same

Other Ideas please...

When you do that, make sure you use GraphicsEnabler=Y or IGPEnabler=Y.

Corrupt USB/installer?

I hoped so, but no. The same with Mavericks. I also built another stick with 10.8. And finally i installed mountain lion in verbose mode with npci=0x200 but booting via hd ends with System uptime in nanoseconds...

I really don´t understand why the others had no problems with the installation!?!

thanks a lot for helping!

I hoped so, but no. The same with Mavericks. I also built another stick with 10.8. And finally i installed mountain lion in verbose mode with npci=0x200 but booting via hd ends with System uptime in nanoseconds...

I really don´t understand why the others had no problems with the installation!?!

thanks a lot for helping!

Sounds like you're getting a KP (kernel panic). You should post a photo. Probably incorrect settings in Multibeast.

I have the same model as you do, but I cannot get into the installer screen. Whenever I boot into the USB drive with 10.8, I see the Apple logo with the circle, then a square box with a cancel or 'do not enter' sign and it just freezes. Any idea what can cause it? I even tried booting into safemode with no success

I have the same model as you do, but I cannot get into the installer screen. Whenever I boot into the USB drive with 10.8, I see the Apple logo with the circle, then a square box with a cancel or 'do not enter' sign and it just freezes. Any idea what can cause it? I even tried booting into safemode with no success

Boot "-v" and post a photo. Probably it is a graphics problem. Make sure:
- you have IGPU memory set to 64mb
- GraphicsEnabler=Y
- digital connection to monitor

I will try it again. I remade my Unibeast 10.8 flash drive (I also made a 10.9 flash drive using a fresh hackintosh on my desktop since my MBPr came with 10.9) and I will reload it on the NUC. I might try 10.9 first since someone said they got it working.

Hi!

I just tried to install El Capitain on my NUC. I got it working until i did the post installs. Now im trying to reinstall from the beginning but can´t get it working at all. Now i get a new error: abnormal code: 255. Any of you guys solved this? Im guessing it has to do with the graphics but i have tried all combinations...

Is there a possibility that the old install caches something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back