Contribute
Register

Intel i7 3770k + Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD5H install and testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daveosx said:
aembe said:
I have the same motherboard and cpu but i don't even reach the Installation.

I have createt the usb stick with unibeast and installed the Bridge helper to the usb.
I also checked the Bios SATA Settings and its on ACHI

When i try to boot from USB in Verbose Mode i can see it stops at messages about not finding a IOUSBFamily and a IOUSBMassstorage class ...

I tried diffrent USB Ports on the back and on the Frontpanel but that doesen't change anything. I made a Bios Update to F5 because the DSDT file here is for that version but even this does not help.

Then i tried to desconnect the windows hdd but still no success.

Also removed 3 of my 4 8GB Ram modules and still same error

It's my first Hackintosh and right now i'm not sure what to try next.
Any suggestions about what i should try?

Thanks

System:
( The 2 TB has a windows partition and the ssd has no partition )

1 x Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Z77 (dual PC3-12800U DDR3)
1 x Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 2000GB, SATA 6Gb/s (HDS723020BLA642)
1 x GeIL EVO Corsa DIMM Kit 32GB PC3-19200U CL11 (DDR3-2400)
1 x Intel Core i7-3770K, 4x 3.50GHz, boxed (BX80637I73770K)
1 x OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120GB, 2.5", SATA 6Gb/s (VTX3MI-25SAT3-120G)
1 x Corsair Professional Series HX650 650W ATX 2.2 (CMPSU-650HX)
1 x Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 DiRT3, 1GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, 2x mini DisplayPort, lite retail

hmmmm.. Try disconnecting all hard drive and only connect the hard drive your installing to. Connect to the 6/GBs ports. They are the top 2 SATA connections. Make sure your Lion installation USB is 10.7.0 - 10.7.3. People are having problems downloading the app from the app store because its 10.7.4. Go in and set optimized defaults in BIOS and turn on ACHI. Make your Unibeast USB and make sure your pointing Bridgehelper to the USB and not the hard drive of the PC. It sounds like the modified kernal did not transfer to USB and therefor you can't boot from it. Plug Unibeast USB into the RED USB 2.0 ports on MOBO. DONT USE THE BLUE USB 3.0 Ports. They are not supported until you load the appropriate kexts after install. If you have any problems let me know.

I have used the 10.7.4 Version of Lion so this was the Problem. I have switched to 10.7.3 and install and everything else worked great.

Right now from time to time the hackintosh crashed and i get the error message "You need to restart your computer ..."

Thats a Kernel Panic right?
I looked into the Kernel Logs but for the time it crashed its messing around with reconnecting to the local fileserver via AFP. And then there is nothing.

Also my Sleep Mode is not working.

And when i run Prime 95 i get the message
"Possible hardware errors have occurred during the test!"
"Confidence in final result is very poor."
"Iteration: 111999/29750423, ERROR: ROUND OFF (0.5) > 0.40"

So it is still not a really stable system.

Any recommendations what to do next to improve stability?

Thanks

sorry for my engl cuz i dont know it
in your manual you wrote:
Install GTX580 Fermi Card
1. Download NVIDIA CUDA  Drivers  Here  http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-­?driver-­?archive.html
2. Install  Drivers
3. Using  Multibeast install OpenGL enabler 10.7.3
4. Shutdown PC
5. Remove existing graphics card and install GTX580 and connect PCIe power cables
6. Boot Lion Drive

what video card you used during installation?
or did you use the built-in GPU central processor?

Daveosx said:
Also when I OC the CPU to 4.2GHZ and RAM to 1600Ghz it is cleary registered in Bios but when I boot into OSx and run geekbench it doesn't seem to effect performance? Also is there a tool to see what your processor is running at when in OSx. All the tools I've seen list 3.5Ghz and does not take into account the real time Ghz the system is running at or is it even running at the higher rate?? hhmmmm

Did you or anyone have an idea here? I'm getting the same thing. Regardless of what I enter in the multiplier or turbo boost, I get the same results in Geekbench.

I have the same motherboard, I managed to make the sound work twice but upon reboot there was no sound anymore, I have read it may be a bios problem. I'm still on F4, What bios version do you have??

Sound works fine here. F7.

I'm on F7 and sound is working, only seems to work on the light pink line-out jack.
I got sound so I'm happy :)

Well, I did not update bios to f7. Instead, I deleted the DSDT file and WALLAH! Audio works... but only from the pink rear output. No headphones.

Those with working audio:

1. Are you using the f5 DSDT in the database?
1a. If you are, what bios are you using?

2. Does anyone have full audio ports working? Or the front headphone jack?
(System shows when I plug the headphones in, it changes from built-in-speakers to headphones, but there is no audio.)

3. Does anyone have HDMI audio working? (I won't be able to test for another few days until I have a television, but will update when I know)

Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back