Contribute
Register

Intel HD5500 7MB no kext loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is new files.

Thank you again ;)

The Nvidia drivers are still loading. Disable it in BIOS or use nv_disable=1 flag to disable the drivers. Again, you can't be using this config.plist as it already has nv_disable=1 (and yet the drivers are loading).

Change something obvious (such as the theme used) in the config.plist so you know you're using the config.plist you think you are.

My Bios setup doesn't have that setting. If i delete the -v flag doesn't start in verbose mode. So that is the config.plist. In this image
http://mauriziofaleo.altervista.org/IGPUError.JPG

there is a row that says: "NVDA: disabled by nv_disable=1 boot -arg"

I don't understand why it keep to load nvidia driver :confused:

Do you have any idea?

My Bios setup doesn't have that setting. If i delete the -v flag doesn't start in verbose mode. So that is the config.plist. In this image
http://mauriziofaleo.altervista.org/IGPUError.JPG

there is a row that says: "NVDA: disabled by nv_disable=1 boot -arg"

I don't understand why it keep to load nvidia driver :confused:

Do you have any idea?

Perhaps you're sending the wrong ioreg.

I have exactly the same problem. Same card (hd5500), 7mb vram no kext loaded. I've been trying various things for the last few days so I'm posting here in desperation. Would you please take a look over my ioreg and patchmatic dump to see if I'm missing something obvious?

Attachments

• efi.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 154
  • RehabMan.zip
    31 KB · Views: 101
  • ioreglap.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 128
I have exactly the same problem. Same card (hd5500), 7mb vram no kext loaded. I've been trying various things for the last few days so I'm posting here in desperation. Would you please take a look over my ioreg and patchmatic dump to see if I'm missing something obvious?

Graphics drivers not loading. Did you remove them?

Graphics drivers not loading. Did you remove them?

Thanks for taking a look! No I didn't no. I get the [IGPGraphics] Failed to register with framebuffer error mentioned by the OP. I've tried everything, but it doesn't seem to load. Is there a kext driver I should download somewhere? I've got the normal AppleIntel kexts that come with Yosemite in S/L/E.

I have an unpatched framebuffer (I instead fixed the dvram in bios via uefi shell). I know that bit works because I couldn't boot into OS X until I did so unless I used the patched framebuffer.

Thanks for taking a look! No I didn't no. I get the [IGPGraphics] Failed to register with framebuffer error mentioned by the OP. I've tried everything, but it doesn't seem to load. Is there a kext driver I should download somewhere? I've got the normal AppleIntel kexts that come with Yosemite in S/L/E

Try boot without caches. Make sure you set DVMT-prealloc as required. Remove (or disable) patch for framebuffer you have in your config.plist.

Also, your EFI/Clover is not setup per guide (too many mistakes to list).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Try boot without caches. Make sure you set DVMT-prealloc as required. Remove (or disable) patch for framebuffer you have in your config.plist.

Also, your EFI/Clover is not setup per guide (too many mistakes to list).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Thanks a lot, I'll try that later on (working on laptop atm). Thanks for the guide link. There are so many out there, I didn't even see that one. I'll let you know how I get on! Thanks again for your help, I'm so close to OS X goodness I can taste it :)

Thanks a lot, I'll try that later on (working on laptop atm). Thanks for the guide link. There are so many out there, I didn't even see that one. I'll let you know how I get on! Thanks again for your help, I'm so close to OS X goodness I can taste it :)

You mean this is not a laptop?

This forum is only for laptop questions. Desktop questions should be asked in the appropriate desktop forum.

You mean this is not a laptop?

This forum is only for laptop questions. Desktop questions should be asked in the appropriate desktop forum.

It is a laptop yes. I mean I'm currently working on it in a different operating system (to feed myself and keep a roof over my head lol). Tonight, when I'm done working, I'll fix up clover and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back