Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics Framebuffer Edits - Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits

Normal boot hangs when showing Apple logo without spinning wheel.
Verbose mode always just boot fine.
Does that mean it should be patch-a?
Makes no sense, are you waiting long enough?
No patch exists for your setup. Is there a reason you use 2 DP2HDMI adapters when there is an empty HDMI port?

Makes no sense, are you waiting long enough?
No patch exists for your setup. Is there a reason you use 2 DP2HDMI adapters when there is an empty HDMI port?

Thank's for your answer Toleda.

I get stuck with the applelogo without any spinning circle (wheel) and I tried waiting for more than one minute,without any further bootprogress. It might be a problem with my Buffalo thunderbolt harddrive or with the display thunderbolt port. What I mean is the previous reported slow start with thunderbolt. I've already applied the fix (removing NIH kext) so that shouldn't be the culprit but i don't no.

in the first case (ioreg I've sent yesterday) I used one adapter (miniDP2HDMI) for the Pioneer Tv. The amp (Harman Kardon) was connected straight to HDMI-port and the InFocus projector connected straight to the DVI-port.

I've got working sound on both dp (minidispalay) Pioneer and HDMI Harman Kardon but the DVI (inFocus) dosen't showed up at all.

After our last conversation I connected my InFocus to one of the thundeboltports with an adapter DVI2Minidisplay (original Apple) the Harman amp straigt from HDMI to HDMI on amp and now I have normal booting and Harman sound with c-patch. My InFocus display is working perfect,obviosuly without sound and the DVI port I don't know. I have no more display to connect because The Pioneer TV is now connected over HDMI from my GTX68

I'm on work now but will send you the ioreg on this setup later.

I get stuck with the applelogo without any spinning circle (wheel) and I tried waiting for more than one minute,without any further bootprogress.
There won't be any further boot progress until the boot is done; try waiting.

There won't be any further boot progress until the boot is done; try waiting.

Ok I waited more then one hour without any boot. This problem driving me crazy. What is the Verbose mode doing to prevent this hang?

Now I tried InFocus straight to DVI-port,Harman amp straight to HDMI-port and lastly Pioneer-TV straight from HDMI on GTX 680 to HDMI on TV.

With c-patch I have sound over HDMI on booth Harman amp and obviously on Pioneer TV. This setup should be quite straight forward and in this setup I'm not using any adapters at all, but my boot problems persist in the same maner as before.

If I use no caches HDMI sound to Harman amp disappear but. Pioneer HDMI sound is still there. Picture from all three Displays. Sleep and all ACPI related is working flawlessly so it's only this display related boot-stuff that is failing.
Could it be a Clover related problem or could it be related to the thunderbolt-ports?

Is there anything to edit under 03 00 22 0d string in azulframbufferkext?
My patiens is running out and I'm just confused. I've tried all patches without success I'm just giving up.

Heelp Please!

Bootproblem solved!

I had this little thunderboltpatch in my DSDT.aml (see this link:http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/122979-thunderbolt-dsdt-patch-testing.html) and that was the cause to my boot problems. As soon as I took that away everything works like a charm.

I have working sound for Harman amp over native HDMI,Pioneer tv over GTX 680 HDMI and working InFocus display over native DVI connection.

The patch I use is d-patch and according to you toledo this Isn't the right choice.

Could you please check my ioreg.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.6 KB · Views: 332
  • DSDT.aml
    50.3 KB · Views: 304
  • iMac.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 281

OK toleda I tried g-patch without no success. Same setup as last ioreg.
No sound on native HDMI-port to Harman amp. My InFocus on native DVI-port not recognized.

any other suggestions?

Pioneer-TV or Harman-amp connected over HDMI2Minidisplaydapter from Thunderbolt-port gives always HDMI-sound whatewer patch I use. It always show up on port 06 as device 08 (HDMI). Shouldn't this type of connection show up on port 07 when I have both the native HDMI and DVI ports connected at least if I use c-patch?

No IOReg, no idea.

Sorry toleda my mistake.
Here we go.
Ioreg for setup like post #45 (no adapters) g-patch.
No HDMI sound to Harman-amp.
Azulframebuffer@2 show up as port 07.

Update.
Just for your information toleda. If I disconnect Harman-amp from the native HDMI-port and put it in to the thunderbolt port with the mini display adapter i lose The DVI InFocus projector but suddenly got HDMI sound to Harman-amp. If I then power of the harman-amp The InFocus projector connected to the DVI port immediately starts up. Obviously the DVI and the Thunderbolt-port are clashing on AppleIntelazulframebuffer@0.

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 245
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back