Contribute
Register

intel HD 4000 on 7 series mb (HM76) show 5mb VRAM!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed Mavericks on laptop samsung np550p5c-s03ae (stupid laptop I know) and almost everything worked after really some efforts and searching ... except VGA and wifi :( I have nvidia gt 650m with 2gb and intel HD 4000 3rd generation core i7-3630QM. Both VGAs don't work well at all and intel show 5mb VRAM and nvidia shows 0mb VRAM and no drivers at all ... Cuda installed 5.5.28 and the OS got information about these two VGAs but they are not enabled in full Graphics power :( >>>> anybody has solution for this problem plzz?!!!

I installed Mavericks on laptop samsung np550p5c-s03ae (stupid laptop I know) and almost everything worked after really some efforts and searching ... except VGA and wifi :( I have nvidia gt 650m with 2gb and intel HD 4000 3rd generation core i7-3630QM. Both VGAs don't work well at all and intel show 5mb VRAM and nvidia shows 0mb VRAM and no drivers at all ... Cuda installed 5.5.28 and the OS got information about these two VGAs but they are not enabled in full Graphics power :( >>>> anybody has solution for this problem plzz?!!!

What is the resolution of your screen?

resolution is 1600x900 and actually it work in this resolution now but all the time flicks specially when I open Safari or move any window :( :( and also any video doesn't work because it is considered as high graphics and has high rate

resolution is 1600x900 and actually it work in this resolution now but all the time flicks specially when I open Safari or move any window :( :( and also any video doesn't work because it is considered as high graphics and has high rate

You need DSDT patches. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Follow the instructions there for setting up MaciASL, then apply patches:
"HD4000 High Resolution"
"Brightness Fix"
optional: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"

To apply a patch, click on Patch button, select patch from the left, Apply.
When you're done, Close the patch window, then Save As /Extra/dsdt.aml, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary

Reboot and test. If there is trouble with a DSDT you've created, you can always boot DSDT=null to ignore it.

Will try now and I wish will work :) ... I feel good :) Thanks a lot :wave:

This what I got :( .. By the way first time for me to patch DSDT but really awesome .. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 5.01.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 5.01.45 AM.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,185
This what I got :( .. By the way first time for me to patch DSDT but really awesome .. :)

Use "Fix _PLD Buffer Package Error" DSDT patch.

OK I could save it as You told me and rebooted and everything still the same :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 5.34.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 5.34.18 AM.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,488
The Problem actually my boot loader doesn't work >> I still boot with some USB has Clover on it cuz when I installed this Mavericks it didn't boot at all although the HD is GPT and I boot UEFI OS in bios and I tried to boot Legacy boot but didn't boot at all so I have to boot with this USB and I installed Multibeast 3.0 followed your thread about PowerManagement for Ivy Bridge step by step and the OS works fine except the VGA and Booting. I can only do one this to make it boot normally from HD but will cuz some pain and it is to mount the EFI partition of my HD to somewhere like /Volumes/EFI1 and also that EFI partition of the Bootable USB of Clover mount it to /Volumes/EFI_USB and copy from EFI_USB to EFI1 so I can boot from HD and I tried it before and it worked just the problem I must modify in the boot option each time I power on my computer or restart it :( >>> I attach here my IOReg file wish it will help .... View attachment alaadahmed’s MacBook Air.ioreg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back