Contribute
Register

Intel HD 3000 setup guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you activate the intel graphic in your bios??

->onboard first

and SMBIOS MBP or MacMini.
That depens on your DID in AppleSystemProfiler of your onboard video.

Yes, I have tried both system definitions: MacbookPro 8, 1 and MacMini. Neither made any difference.

I'm not sure what you mean by "activating the intel graphics in the bios." I am triple booting with win7 and Ubuntu, and intel graphics work perfectly in both systems. Is there some additional bios setting needed for the intel graphics to work on osx?

*bump*

Gfx acceleration not working in Mountain Lion.

<-there's my system

Can anyone help me?

Latest chameleon with GE=Yes enables HD3000.
Check your bios setting for assigned memory.
Also have follow Tony's guide on HD3000 device ID?

Where can I find that guide? Link me?

EDIT:
I believe I found the guide, but it shouldn't apply to me, because I have a 6-series motherboard (z68) and a Sandy Bridge CPU (Core i7).

I am using GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

I modified the bios settings to use more RAM for gfx memory.

It still doesn't work. I guess I can still try allocating more memory for gfx. How much is it supposed to have? Right now it's set for 128 MB. Guess I'll try doubling it.

Still not working. :( Any help will be greatly appreciated.

(Sorry for so many posts in a row)

I have used HD3000 from day one with DVI on both of my systems, even for installation and aside from the artifacts it worked out of the box in Lion with acceleration and GraphicsEnabler=YES.
I have used MacPro 3,1 and MacMini5,1 profiles, both worked.

For details on my system set-up, see this summary on artifact testing:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/38084-hd-3000-video-artefacts-8.html#post328240

I have not had time to test Mountain Lion, so I cannot help you directly, but maybe my system information triggers some new ideas. Did you use verbose mode to see what's going on during start-up ?

Out of curiosity, how do you tell in Mountain Lion that acceleration is working / not working ?

-resolution locked to 1024x768
-tons of artifacts/blinkiness
-video will not play (tested on YouTube)

I haven't tested any games or anything, but I am sure it does not work. The low resolution is the most annoying for my purposes. I'll look into the verbose boot question. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back