Integrated Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

My Hackintosh is now almost completely working, but I still can't get gfx working properly. I know Intel HD 3000 graphics are supposed to work, and I've taken all the steps I thought were necessary, but I still have no hardware acceleration/high resolutions available.

Most likely I've skipped some step or done something wrong. Is there a setup guide for Intel HD 3000 graphics (there was an audio setup guide that worked perfectly for me)? Any help will be much appreciated.

(FYI, so far Ive installed kexts, messed around with GraphicsEnabler, and set my system definition to Macbook Pro 8,1)

Thanks,
~JayArby

After some research, I discovered that there is an issue with using the VGA port of the integrated graphics card. It looks like there are a few imperfect workarounds, but nothing definite. I guess I'll go ahead and purchase a DVI cable unless anyone has news for me on how to get VGA working.

Now I really am stuck. :(

I bought a DVI cable and checked and double-checked all of my settings, boot options, etc. but gfx still aren't working properly. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
JayArby

Can anyone please help me? Is there any more information I should provide?

Well, we're not telepathic :rolleyes:, so you'll need to to list your motherboard (make and model), processor and graphics card (make and model). You should also fill out your Profile and signature block (see the Forum Rules for signature block contains). By doing this, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

BTW, Apple does not support VGA in HD3000. You can see the BIOS, but the screen goes out when OS X takes over. So, if your monitor supports DVI or HDMI, use those connections.

Once we know your system, we can move forward. :clap:

Sorry about that...I actually did fill out all that information before, but I guess it was wiped when the forums were upgraded? I only just noticed it was gone. The info should be there now.

Yeah, I figured out that VGA wouldn't work, so I am now using DVI, but it still doesn't work.

And thank you for taking the time to respond!

Does anyone have any tips for me? Getting desperate now...

Mountain Lion (10.8)

Sorry if I seem impatient, I know all the help is volunteer here. But surely there must be someone here who can help me with this issue? This is getting pretty discouraging. I am a noob at this, so I'm sorry if I didn't supply all the necessary information. Is anyone going to help me here, or should I start looking somewhere else?

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back