Contribute
Register

Intel HD 2000 partially working guide (no QE/CI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mieze said:
Really sounds interesting! On my MSI B75MA-P45 (Intel B75 chipset with AMI BIOS) equipped with a Celeron G530 I got full resolution OOB using the vanilla AppleIntel* kexts without any DSDT edits, but I still didn't manage to get QE/CI working. Like many HD 3000 users I have screen artifacts occasionally which leads me to the conclusion that the accelerator can't be the cause for this phenomenon.

As the posts in the forum show there are even many users with HD 3000 having problems, although it is natively supported by the Apple driver, this gives rise to the supposition that all those HD 2000/3000 related issues are due to BIOS problems.

I have a Celeron G530 on a Foxconn H67S.
The HD was recognized as HD 3000 first,then later as HD 2000 and finally HD.
Processor was recognized as an I7 with single core.
Eventually dual core. Quartz CE was partially working.
I had transparency.
I tried a lot of system defs. Mini ,Macbook,Pro.
Eventually I went to card.
I ended up with system that either had low rez with sound or high rez without sound.
I would like to try again as card is noisy.
One other oddity is my HDTV. It did not like DVI with adapter and RCA audio in.
This is one of the few times even USB audio gave problems.
I hate to do a bios flash as my system is working fine now.

What is your cpu recognized as ?
What is your Graphics recognized as ?
Are you happy with HD ? I am a simple user. A few games, used seldom. Mainly netflix and internet video.
Do your icons dance in Launchpad ?
What do you use for sound?
What outputs work?

potemkin said:
I have a Celeron G530 on a Foxconn H67S.
The HD was recognized as HD 3000 first,then later as HD 2000 and finally HD.
Processor was recognized as an I7 with single core.
Eventually dual core. Quartz CE was partially working.
I had transparency.
I tried a lot of system defs. Mini ,Macbook,Pro.
Eventually I went to card.
I ended up with system that either had low rez with sound or high rez without sound.
I would like to try again as card is noisy.
One other oddity is my HDTV. It did not like DVI with adapter and RCA audio in.
This is one of the few times even USB audio gave problems.
I hate to do a bios flash as my system is working fine now.

What is your cpu recognized as ?
What is your Graphics recognized as ?
Are you happy with HD ? I am a simple user. A few games, used seldom. Mainly netflix and internet video.
Do your icons dance in Launchpad ?
What do you use for sound?
What outputs work?

First I must mention that the machine is a home server running without display most of the time. I only connect a display when I have to, for example when an improper DSDT edit caused a kernel panic or when I have to modify BIOS settings. Therefore graphics is not crucial to me but it would be nice to get the system fully working. My CPU is recognized as Core i7 (1 CPU with 2 Cores). My system definition is Macmini5,1 but I also tried Macpro3,1 for some time. With GraphicsEnabler=Yes the GPU is correctly identified as HD 2000 and with GraphicsEnabler=No as HD 3000. Acceleration definitely doesn't work on my system (no transparency). My board only has VGA and DVI but I only tested DVI. Due to a lack of a second display I wasn't able to test dual display mode. Seems to be a funny situation, I have full resolution without acceleration and you've got acceleration but are stuck with 1024x768. At least this gives rise to the assumption that both should be possible at the same time.
After trying several hacked versions of AppleHDA, my board has an ACL887 codec, I finally installed VoodooHDA which works fine for me as it give me basic stereo audio but I don't think that this is the best solution. As the HDMI port on the 2011 Mac mini (I use the basic model as a HTPC.) also outputs HD audio and AppleHDA.kext depends on AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext I assume that both functions are tightly related so that it might be impossible to get proper audio without graphics fully functional. Also the Mac mini's DSDT, which I extracted, has an additional device named HDAU which seems to be coupled with device GFX0. The Mini's DSDT gave me some valuable hints for DSDT edits. Maybe the DSDT will be the key to fully functional graphics. As it might help you making any progress I attached my DSDT and the Mac mini's DSDT. Can you please post your DSDT too so that I get a chance to find out what makes QE work on your machine?

I recently upgraded to 10.7.4 without problems and it looks like it is more picky when it comes to DSDTs, at least this is my impression.

Mieze

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    38.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Macmini-DSDT.dsl
    177.3 KB · Views: 120
Thanks Mieze !!!
I recently erased disk image of HD version of machine.
But I will do a fresh install in a few days.

You have some good ideas there.
You confirmed some of my suspicions.

I will be hooking up my backup machine.
I tried today to get onboard and card video to work at same time no luck.
I did some tweaks on bios that made no difference.
I tried leaving the onboard display off till after boot.
Now I get black screen with HDMI although one time I got the blurry triple image on DVI.
(usually comes from incorrect synch signal.)
Monitor I used was 1440 by 900, once common on old iMacs.
To get onboard I will pull card if that does not work I will try a fresh install.
My bios sets mem for onboard in two places.
It also has about six dvmt modes ( these appear to accelerate onboard)

Your info is highly useful. I will also check to see if I have another copy of disk image from onboard laying around otherwise I have to do the fresh install to get dsdt.

I think you are right all the pieces are there they just need to be stitched together.
I need to order another usb audio also,sold mine with rig.
Definitely would like onboard audio to work also.

I pulled card.
Tried onboard with HDMI and DVI no go.
Defaulted to Chameleon boot loader.
Tried just DVI.
Got Tonymac boot screen.
It was hanging about where Frame bufferSNB should load.
Sometimes it stops at step before this which is usbmbc.
Did some futzing with bios.
-x hangs
-f is low rez stuck at Apple grey screen
-F is high rez stuck at Apple grey screen
no spinning wheel, hard drive is active

boot without any options spinning wheel then hangs at grey screen without wheel
Did not try graphics enabler = no
Did not try VESA graphics mode matched to monitor

I will try one more time in morning with graphics enabler set to no.

I will check RevoGirl.
I think any settings other than specifying HD are overridden.
Just wasting time there with settings.

I do not plan to go to 10.7.4 as 10.8 will come out soon.
I will leave voodoo out this time when I do fresh install tends to cause kp.

Ironic pulling video card showed it was not the noise source.
Well on to fresh install in morning.

Did not have time to reinstall Relative went to hospital

If you calculate how much time you are wasting on this and then multiply it by your hourly wages you will realize that buying supported hardware is more cost effective.

ModBot said:
If you calculate how much time you are wasting on this and then multiply it by your hourly wages you will realize that buying supported hardware is more cost effective.
If I'd think this way then I wouldn't even consider to build a hackintosh. :thumbdown:

Mieze

ModBot said:

It's called hobby.. not only about the money but also challenging and learn how to make use what we can.. moreover some people have problem by fitting into their case..
well some ppl have different opinion

Back to the topic..
i'm having some problem with my DSDT for P8z77 Mpro but i dont have any skill editing it.
I Believe this on board graphic which is HD200 from my i5 2.5K is the one causing errorcode: 8877652

Any idea how to solve it as last resort before i decided to buy a new PCI-E VGA?

thank you so much for your help

R4yMoNd said:
ModBot said:

It's called hobby.. not only about the money but also challenging and learn how to make use what we can.. moreover some people have problem by fitting into their case..
well some ppl have different opinion

Back to the topic..
i'm having some problem with my DSDT for P8z77 Mpro but i dont have any skill editing it.
I Believe this on board graphic which is HD200 from my i5 2.5K is the one causing errorcode: 8877652

Any idea how to solve it as last resort before i decided to buy a new PCI-E VGA?

thank you so much for your help
The Core i5 2500K has got HD 3000 graphics so that it should be possible to get working QE/CI anyway.

Have you tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes? Did you try booting in 32 bit mode (arch=i386)?

Are you using a DSDT or are you running your system without? Maybe you should upload your DSDT so that I can have a look at it? In case you don't use a modified DSDT yet, download DSDT Editor and extract it from your BIOS.

Mieze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back