Contribute
Register

Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I got this card and got it work on my X58A-UD3R Ver.2 by using this method.
I found this card was more stable and speed was higher than on board ethernet card.
At the same time, I can use "Back to my Mac" by using this card when system goes to sleep.
I can wakeup the system by using "Back to my Mac" function through internet.
The problem is I can not use power button to wake up my system.
It will reboot instead of wake up if I push the power button.
Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!
(I can wake up the system by push power bottom before install this card).

****[Update] Maybe this is the reason **********
I found out this problem happened after I turn off the on board ethernet in BIOS.
After I turn it on in BIOS again seems fix the problem, I can wake up system by power button.
No matter use sleep function in menu bar or auto sleep by PleaseSleep.
I already test it many times and over night, it works perfect now.
Remember to set "Green Lan" to "Disable" in BIOS.

*** The symptom ***
Sleep the system, then wake the system by other computers and sleep again.
After these procedures, then push the power button will became reboot.
If I put the system sleep, then push power button will wake up the system.
So, the problem happened right after I use the function "Wake on Demand".
If I use "Wake on Lan" software to wake up the system, everything goes fine.
Don't know how to solve this problem~~~

By the way, this is the speed of my card. Peak speed: 102MB/s

Attachments

• Intel EXPI9301 Speed in SL.jpg
    Intel EXPI9301 Speed in SL.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 287
Hmmm I got a very strange behaviour in Lion. At first the card seems to work. It's getting an IP-Address and I can USE the network connection for around 10-20 seconds.
Then there's a communication breakdown. No ping no network no nothing.
tcpdump actually shows that there's SOME traffic, but the card is completely out of order.
/var/log/kernel.log doesn't show any output...
Please help, I need to get VLAN running ;-)
THX

Edit:

I figured it's not the time but the amount of traffic which let's the connection die. If I'm just pinging it keeps working. If I access google.com, still working. But if I try to access a bigger site or an smb share, the connection gets disfunctional.
I tried:
- different PCIe Slot
- some different MTU
- Full Duplex / Full Duplex with Flow Control
- 100 Mbit / 1000 Mbit

It's always the same problem. Please help

Thank you! Just want I am looking for. I have successfully loaded the Intel driver and my CT Pro is working properly.

I am thinking about buying of this network adapter... :idea: Is it working in Lion without problems? :eek: :?:

Yes even under Lion the card runs smoothly. My one works without any modification of the kext.

Huberer said:
Yes even under Lion the card runs smoothly. My one works without any modification of the kext.

So what did you do? Did you just plug it in? Or do you need to install anything? Coz I'm thinking of picking one up.

Thanks

Huberer said:

Thank you for infos. I bought this card (bulk version) and it is working out of box with Hnak kext from multibeast 3.8 :headbang:

kgearhardt said:
So I just tried this on my newly built system, but while my Intel NIC is now recognized by the system it isn't working. I've double- and triple-checked what I did versus this thread and I believe I did everything correctly. Any thoughts as to what I might try to troubleshoot?

Thanks, Kevin

***UPDATE*** I've got it working just fine now. I deleted the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist file, rebooted the computer, disabled the Realtek LAN in the system BIOS, rebooted into SL 10.6.7 and voila!, the Intel NIC is now working just fine.

hello,

I have the EXPI9301CTBLK

bought this Card today, but i get above mentioned problem, too with Lion 10.7.2 - 11C48!

internet works just a few seconds :crazy:

what can i do ?

thx

CooSee ' Ya

did you tried install hnak kext from multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back