Contribute
Register

Intel DX975XBX2 - Operational

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just used voodoo 2.7.3, haven't tried the optical out or in. The only time I get any crackling or popping is when running the Visualizer in iTunes. The way to get rid of it is just close the app and start it again. Haven't played around with the sleeping part.

Do you have this booting 64 bit mode?

I've got mine running great except that it'll only boot 32 bit mode.

Hi iraklis79,

I have DX975XBX2 as well, and would like to run 10.7.x Seems you are not using UniBeast and MultiBeast but I would like to know if you have any experience with that.

Do you have a DSDT.aml you are using can share here?

after 10.7 installation finished, what option/kext you need to select from MultiBeast?

Any additional kext you can share here as well?

Thanks in advance.

alohaeveryone said:
Hi iraklis79,

I have DX975XBX2 as well, and would like to run 10.7.x Seems you are not using UniBeast and MultiBeast but I would like to know if you have any experience with that.

Do you have a DSDT.aml you are using can share here?

after 10.7 installation finished, what option/kext you need to select from MultiBeast?

Any additional kext you can share here as well?

Thanks in advance.

I am using Unibeast and multibeast. Dont have a dsdt.aml file... I have to retrace my steps and let you know what options i selected from multibeast. I will get back to u on it.

UPDATE:

Used unibeast and multibeast 4.2.1 -

Selected the following:

EasyBeast
System Utilities - Repair Permissions
Kext - Just VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 - Not using onboard audio - have sound blaster X-Fi
Bootloaders - Chimera 1.7.0 r1394

Thats all i used. make sure u have HPET enabled in your bios. and AHCI in the SATA mode.

if you have any questions let me know.

j1sjeep said:
Do you have this booting 64 bit mode?

I've got mine running great except that it'll only boot 32 bit mode.

Yes its booting in 64bit mode... I ll get some info im trying to retrace my steps so i can make a write up for this board

That would be awesome, and much appreciated. :) You've inspired me to start over with my install.

Update: 4/16/2011

I have a DSDT file for the D975XBX2 board. I'm attaching it to this thread.

Attachments

• D975XBX2.aml
    14.4 KB · Views: 484
hello iraklis79 I was wondering if you can help me out? I have the same motherboard and I can't seem to get it to work with iboot. I've tried every possible combination that iboot instructions say to try. I updated my BIOS to have HPET mode and I changed it to enable on the mother board but that didn't help anything. I was wondering if you could tell me what setting you changed on your mother board in each BIOS category to make it work. In the instructions it says to change HPET to 64bit but I don't see that on the motherboard BIOS options. I have been stuck with a hackintosh on 10.5.8 for ever and would like to update.
The processor has been used successfully on another thread. I don't know about the video card, one thread got it working but it was an ASUS brand. I don't want to throw out this mother board. Again, any suggestion is welcome.

My specs are:
Intel DX975XBX2 MB
Q6600 core 2 quad processor
PNY GeForce 7300GT 256

rygar45 said:
hello iraklis79 I was wondering if you can help me out? I have the same motherboard and I can't seem to get it to work with iboot. I've tried every possible combination that iboot instructions say to try. I updated my BIOS to have HPET mode and I changed it to enable on the mother board but that didn't help anything. I was wondering if you could tell me what setting you changed on your mother board in each BIOS category to make it work. In the instructions it says to change HPET to 64bit but I don't see that on the motherboard BIOS options. I have been stuck with a hackintosh on 10.5.8 for ever and would like to update.
The processor has been used successfully on another thread. I don't know about the video card, one thread got it working but it was an ASUS brand. I don't want to throw out this mother board. Again, any suggestion is welcome.

My specs are:
Intel DX975XBX2 MB
PNY GeForce 7300GT 256

Use unibeast don't use iboot

iraklis79 said:
rygar45 said:

My specs are:
Intel DX975XBX2 MB
PNY GeForce 7300GT 256

Use unibeast don't use iboot

For some reason this board does not like booting of USB's I got an old laptop hdd with the usb adapter and i followed the steps for unibeast but instead of a usb stick I used the HDD. hope that helps. Also make sure you have the latest BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back