i7-7700T
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My son was having problems with a Leopard Hackintosh that I had given him in 2009. This is how I upgraded that hack.

System:

Intel DG45ID motherboard
Intel 9450 Core 2 Quad CPU
4 GB DDR2 memory
GeForce 8600 GS video card (two DVI ports)
USB keyboard
USB mouse
SATA HDD and OD
Speakers attached to the rear green port
Wired local area network connection (with DHCP) with path the internet
BIOS set to AHCI and Legacy USB to disable.

Used v2.6 iBoot.
Used -v -x arguments to boot retail OS X 10.6.3 DVD.
Partitioned HDD into two GUID HPFS Journaled partitions and installed OS X.
Used iBoot with -v -x for first boot into newly installed system.
Went through first boot user login ritual to get the desktop.
Used Safari and went online to download Multibeast 3.2.0, Apple Combo Update 10.6.6, Carbon Copy Cloner.
Cloned the first partition to the second partition (a hedge).
Drug Mulitbeast and the Combo Update to the desktop.
Opened Multibeast.
Opened and ran the Apple Combo Update 10.6.6 (but did not restart upon completion).
In Multibeast selected EasyBeast and items shown in the capture.
Removed iBoot CD and rebooted into a fully working system.
Opened com.apple.Boot.plist and set kernel flags to <string>-v</string>. (for verbose boot and 64Bit kernel)
rebooted - and ran the pending Apple software updates to 10.6.6.
Basic OS X 10.6.6 Install completed.

I then spent time migrating apps to this machine. One DVI port to a LCD at 1600 x 1200 and the other DVI port adapter to HDMI to a HDTV at 1920 x 1200 both running concurrently (however no audio over the HDMI connection). Also, I did not check the sleep function as I don't find it necessary on desktops.

All of this made every easy by TonyMacX86. Thank you Tony.

neil

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-16 at 7.12.39 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-16 at 7.12.39 AM.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,362
Thanks man! :thumbup:
I'll try this today with Snow Leopard & my DG45ID mobo.

Hi Neil,
I followed the procedure you mentioned. The only difference was once the installation was done you used the internet to dowload the latest Multibeast and combo update whereas I already have the files on a flash drive ( sandisk cruzer ). The problem is that this flash drive is not being detected. Only the mouse & keyboard is being recognized. Any suggestions ?

-------------------------------------
Update:I was able to install the combo update and the latest multibeast with same options checked in an you have. The problem is that the flash drives work only when the iboot dvd is in the drive. any suggestions ?

Thanks

Tejas

Intel mobos seem to be easy and less problematic to install or update OSX

Just completed a clean install of 10.7 on my DG45ID using xMove and Multibeast 3.8. Post-install I ran Easybeast with Voodoo HDA 2.71 and hnak's AppleIntelE1000 ethernet kext.

Everything (except sleep) seems to work like a charm. No 64-bit kernel...yet. Install was smooth...thanks tonymacx86!!!!

Updated to 10.7.2 without incident.

1) Download and run 10.7.2 Combo Installer

2) MultiBeast 4.0.2: Lion Edition the latest version of Chimera bootloader (provides iCloud/FT fix-note caveat with RAID boot drives)

3) N-Joi the iCloud.

No need to reinstall any kexts or extensions. In fact the only thing that didn't work was iCloud, but the latest Chimera took care of that.

First of all, So many thanks to tony...
I could install lion onto my PC with mobod45id, Intel c2d 7200, Nvidia GTS450 graphics
But USB flash drives are not detected and hence even my wireless usb adapter iss not detected too . any solution?
Thanks in Advance
Thanks Tony once again

Intel DG45ID Mobo
Core2Duo 7200
6GB DDR2 800 RAM
Mac OS Lion 10.7
Nvidia GeForce GTS450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back