Contribute
Register

Installing Yosemite on my new CustoMac - What do i need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I would like to start this off my stating that this will be my first customac pro build. So please hang in there for this noobie:lol:. Anyways i am not new to the forums i have been looking to do this for a while, way back when i joined in 2012, and now im finally getting to it.

I know alot goes into building Customacs like, DSDT's, kexts, and such on. so i want to make sure i get this done right the first time.

Below will be my setup:
Hard Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
SABRENT 2.5 to 3.5 Inches Internal Hard Disk Drive Mounting Kit( to make the 2.5 fit the desktop)
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH LGA 1150 Z97 Dual Thunderbolt 2 ATX Motherboard
Processor:Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) (BX80646I74790K)
Wireless:TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps,
[h=2]Memory:Kingston HyperX Beast 16 GB Kit (4x4 GB) 1600MHz DDR3[/h]

So my question is what DSDT's and kexts shall i need to get this up and running. I have already made my Yosemite install USB using UniBeast. I understand what BIOS settings to change and i understand how to install OSX, i just want to make sure i have all the things i need to make it run smooth.

Let me know what you guys think.
Sorry if my questions sound stupid, im sure they will.

Hi everyone,

I would like to start this off my stating that this will be my first customac pro build. So please hang in there for this noobie:lol:. Anyways i am not new to the forums i have been looking to do this for a while, way back when i joined in 2012, and now im finally getting to it.

I know alot goes into building Customacs like, DSDT's, kexts, and such on. so i want to make sure i get this done right the first time.

Below will be my setup:
Hard Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
SABRENT 2.5 to 3.5 Inches Internal Hard Disk Drive Mounting Kit( to make the 2.5 fit the desktop)
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH LGA 1150 Z97 Dual Thunderbolt 2 ATX Motherboard
Processor:Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) (BX80646I74790K)
Wireless:TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps,
[h=2]Memory:Kingston HyperX Beast 16 GB Kit (4x4 GB) 1600MHz DDR3[/h]

So my question is what DSDT's and kexts shall i need to get this up and running. I have already made my Yosemite install USB using UniBeast. I understand what BIOS settings to change and i understand how to install OSX, i just want to make sure i have all the things i need to make it run smooth.

Let me know what you guys think.
Sorry if my questions sound stupid, im sure they will.

DSDT not necessary - all necessary kexts will be installed by MultiBeast - Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back