Contribute
Register

Installing 10.9 - IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate. (noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Installing 10.9 - IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate.

I've been searching the forums all day and trying pretty much everything to fix this, but I can't seem to get to the Mavericks installer.

I followed the Unibeast instructions, tried installing it both with AND without the legacy USB support checkbox (both yield same results), tried every flag (-v, -x, etc.), double checked all my BIOS settings, but still no luck.

I had a fully operational version of 10.7 running on the hard drive that I'm trying to replace with 10.9 (not erased yet), but if I'm booting from the USB only to delete everything in the installer's disk utility, that wouldn't make a difference right?

Really appreciate this site and thanks for helping in advance :)

Stuff:
GA-H67M-D2-B3
3.29 GHz Intel Core i3
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
WD 500GB HDD
SanDisk Cruzer 8GB

2014-06-02 18.46.08.jpg

I've been searching the forums all day and trying pretty much everything to fix this, but I can't seem to get to the Mavericks installer.

I followed the Unibeast instructions, tried installing it both with AND without the legacy USB support checkbox (both yield same results), tried every flag (-v, -x, etc.), double checked all my BIOS settings, but still no luck.

I had a fully operational version of 10.7 running on the hard drive that I'm trying to replace with 10.9 (not erased yet), but if I'm booting from the USB only to delete everything in the installer's disk utility, that wouldn't make a difference right?

Really appreciate this site and thanks for helping in advance :)

Stuff:
GA-H67M-D2-B3
3.29 GHz Intel Core i3
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
WD 500GB HDD
SanDisk Cruzer 8GB

View attachment 94836
Hello do you have secure boot disabled from the bios options also be sure legacy USB mode is turned on in the bios options

Hello!

Yes, legacy is enabled, I can't find anything about secure boot in the BIOS though :roll2:

2014-06-02 23.04.25.jpg

[SOLVED]

Updated BIOS and bought a newer drive to load multibeast on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back