CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
i trying an clean install.
I am getting to the installer and the install starts ok.
Just before finishing up the install i get this strange failure message

"die Signaturprüfung des Installers -Payloads ist fehlgeschlagen"

i try to translate " the signature check of the installer payloads failed"

Any ideas???

attached a picture showing the failure.
did try different Sip setting but no luck yet..always same failure??

help appreciated!

Attachments

• 2016-07-13 18.34.55.jpg
    2016-07-13 18.34.55.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 1,060
Maybe a problem with your USB installer ? Have you already tried to recreate it ?

I've used the BaseBinaries clone method from http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ (to avoid 2-parts installation mainly)

I redid the bootabe USB but still same problem.
So now i cloned my El Capitan disk and tried a direkt update.
The installation seem to work ..was sitting at 0 seconds left for about 5 minutes, then after the restart
it was still El capitan installed no sign from sierra??

This is why I used the base binaries installation method. Because I can't get to the second part of the install. If you try, you'll see that the installation software is slightly different and take more time to complete as it does everything.

Right now, if you check at the root of your "non-updated" system you'll see a "macOS install data" folder (or something like that). This is the copy of all the files needed to start the install. Proof that the first part is done right but I don't know why it can't start on it.

Any ideas???
Download the installer from the Mac App Store again.

I'd recently reset my CMOS before installing. And the date had defaulted back to like year 2001 somehow. I read somewhere that I had to redownload Sierra again from the app store... OR fix the date and time on the cmos, so I did, and voilà! Hope it helps.

I'd recently reset my CMOS before installing. And the date had defaulted back to like year 2001 somehow. I read somewhere that I had to redownload Sierra again from the app store... OR fix the date and time on the cmos, so I did, and voilà! Hope it helps.

Thanks - this saved me downloading Sierra GM 2 and creating a USB installer from it for the THIRD time - I went through the entire process and got the error twice before I decided to Google it and found this thread (among others) hinting that the time on the PC was to blame. Sure enough when I checked, the time on this PC was off by an hour (I guess I haven't booted this one up since Daylight Savings started!).

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I still got the error (at the VERY end of the installation) even though the system time had been corrected.

Last edited:

Any ideas???

Hi there,

I found that if the time date/time is (very) wrong on your mac, you get this error. To make your life more difficult, booting from an Sierra OS X installer disk/USB drive doesn't necessarily show a clock in the top-right corner of the screen. So if you have the same experience as I did.. it took me a while to notice this discrepancy.

For me, I disconnected the battery while installing a new hard disk, so I needed to use the terminal utility in the recovery system to update your clock using the ntpdate command and specifying an appropriate time server. If you're connected to the internet, you can use the command below, and then restart the OS X installer.

ntpdate -u time.apple.com

I really hope this helps you (and anyone else who comes across this page).

Good luck!

Hamish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back