Contribute
Register

Installed normal Mtn Lion on HFS SSD but no network!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170-HD3P
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to all,
i am another patient ;-)
I thought that i can install Mtn Lion 10.8.4 on an HFS formated SSD Drive!
So on so good, but know i have no network!
I have an ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 Board, this has an intel Network Chipset and i find an Kext for this but i don`t no what to do with it! Could it be that the kext file is for your systems only?

I have an Geforce GTX580 GPU and 16GB ram.
An i7 2700 @3.5 and a Vertex2 SDD

Can some one tell me what is the best way to do while the system is proper although, but without network it is horror because i want update to mavericks via appstore!

Thanks and regards

Hello to all,
i am another patient ;-)
I thought that i can install Mtn Lion 10.8.4 on an HFS formated SSD Drive!
So on so good, but know i have no network!
I have an ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 Board, this has an intel Network Chipset and i find an Kext for this but i don`t no what to do with it! Could it be that the kext file is for your systems only?

I have an Geforce GTX580 GPU and 16GB ram.
An i7 2700 @3.5 and a Vertex2 SDD

Can some one tell me what is the best way to do while the system is proper although, but without network it is horror because i want update to mavericks via appstore!

Thanks and regards

If no network, how did you download the kext? Windows or another Mac / PC-Mac?
In forum downloads is app called KextBeast. Download it and follow directions on the download page to install your kext. Use disk utility to repair permissions. Reboot.

Thank you and sorry for can´t seeing the wood by all the trees ;-)
I have installed Multibeast and everything went perfect!
But some thing is crazy, if i boot with multi beast boot manager i can't get into OS, it stops booting with blackscreen and monitor goes in standby!
If i select an other Hardrive without OS it tells me it fails but than i get the option to boot from DVD or OS! If i select than the OS on my Harddrive (it starts without multi beast ) i can normally boot!
At the moment i install Mavericks. Do i have to install Multibeast for Mavericks than?
And another very important thing for me that did not work at the moment, i have a Dual GPU Machine with an GTX580 and an GT640 as second PCIE. But at the moment it works only one, did that change within Mavericks or is there a tweak outside? I must use 3 Monitors for Motion Graphics and the GTX580 allowed only 2 Monitors.

Thank you for your help and i wish you and every people here an fine Christmas :)

Thanks and regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back