ATI FirePro M7820
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Happy Easter to everyone!

I have a problem after the install of Mavericks 10.9 on to my HP Elitebook 8740w.
After the reboot, the setup screen appears, I choose the language, keyboard layout, then when i go to create the user account, the laptop locks up. No more mouse or keyboard. I have to do a hard shutdown from the power button.
When the start up completes, i start the setup again. Language, keyboard and then lockup....
Had anyone else experienced the same problem?

HARDWARE Specs:

CPU: Core i5 540M
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Motherboard: HP 1520, Intel QM57 Rev.06
BIOS: HP 68CAD Ver. F.22 13Jun2012
Graphics: ATI FirePro M7820
Audio: IDT 92HD75B3X5 and ATI Radeon HDMI
Keyboard: PS/2 with HP QLB
TouchPad: PS/2 Synaptics
Ethernet: Intel 82577LM
WiFi: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN
Modem: Agere Systems HDA
FireWire: Ricoh RL5C832
USB3: NEC uPD720200

Installed using the following:
UniBeast 3.0.1

Followed the same install procedures as user Windwalker described in post#14 http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ain-lion-hp-elitebook-8740w-2.html#post621326.

Any ideas?

Installed Mavericks on HP Elitebook 8740 - Sound is not working.

Well I finally got past the lockup issues. Must have been a bad driver somewhere in my install.
Since I really did not have much time invested in the install, I decided to redo the UniBeast from step one.
For the install, I used the boot flags GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x and used the VGA port to do the install.
Once the install was completed, i rebooted.
I continued to use the boot flags GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x.
Once the OS was up, I was able to continue to complete the setup without any lockup.
I ran the MultiBeast and used windwalker's DSDT file. Selected Build and then rebooted once the build was complete.

On the next bootup, I used the boot flags AtiConfig=Nomascus AtiPorts=3 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Booted straight to the Desktop. I then followed windwalkers advice and added the boot flags AtiConfig=Nomascus AtiPorts=3 fix for my startup configuration "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" Thanks Again windwalker.

Following another thread, I was able to get my Touchpad working without issues. Thanks to Rehabman
and Windwalker.

The only thing I have left on my list to get working is sound. I have tried all the VoodooHDA kexts in MultiBeast. out of the 9 listed 4 crash on boot up. The other 5 are just not working.
I have tried the newer VooDooHDA2.8.5. Nothing there.

Any suggestions?

Well I finally got past the lockup issues. Must have been a bad driver somewhere in my install.
Since I really did not have much time invested in the install, I decided to redo the UniBeast from step one.
For the install, I used the boot flags GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x and used the VGA port to do the install.
Once the install was completed, i rebooted.
I continued to use the boot flags GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x.
Once the OS was up, I was able to continue to complete the setup without any lockup.
I ran the MultiBeast and used windwalker's DSDT file. Selected Build and then rebooted once the build was complete.

On the next bootup, I used the boot flags AtiConfig=Nomascus AtiPorts=3 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Booted straight to the Desktop. I then followed windwalkers advice and added the boot flags AtiConfig=Nomascus AtiPorts=3 fix for my startup configuration "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" Thanks Again windwalker.

Following another thread, I was able to get my Touchpad working without issues. Thanks to Rehabman
and Windwalker.

The only thing I have left on my list to get working is sound. I have tried all the VoodooHDA kexts in MultiBeast. out of the 9 listed 4 crash on boot up. The other 5 are just not working.
I have tried the newer VooDooHDA2.8.5. Nothing there.

Any suggestions?

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

Thanks Rehabman. I found the posts for the AppleHDA Patching Guide. Going to give that a shot.

Thanks Rehabman. I found the posts for the AppleHDA Patching Guide. Going to give that a shot.

Note that it is likely one already exists (or it is one used by the ProBooks supported by the ProBook Installer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back