Contribute
Register

Installation Help with GA-B75M-D3V - i5-3450 - GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
ajaj

You may want to look at this new anouncement that could help you with your situation -

We have a new iBoot cd for Ivy Bridge that supports the Ivy Bridge line of CPU's and this should allow you to get to install SL and then allow You to get to the APP store an download - make - and install a UniBeast flash Drive.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

Thank you, I got everything working, but I have this annoying mouse lag that I can't fix any fixes?

Thank you, I got everything working, but I have this annoying mouse lag that I can't fix any fixes?

aj - this depends upon the version of the OSX that you have and the hardware / type and brand that you have - some times its a kext fix or a tweek in the settings

Suggest you post new post in the SUpport forum for the version of OSX that you have - list all hardware related to it -

And if your on OSX SL - an this is the problem and you didnt use the iBoot Ivy Bridge CD - you may want to do a fresh install of SL - and would be best if you had a spare drive to use to test this out instead of whiping out you current OSX.

I was going to try the new CD, but since I'm very new with mac and computers in general, I don't know how to burn the new iBoot cd for Ivy Bridge, so it can work, I used ML to burn it as I downloaded and once a opened it and then burned both times it wasn't bootable:banghead:

I was going to try the new CD, but since I'm very new with mac and computers in general, I don't know how to burn the new iBoot cd for Ivy Bridge, so it can work, I used ML to burn it as I downloaded and once a opened it and then burned both times it wasn't bootable:banghead:

aj -

mouse issues could be related to your video card - especailly if its ATI -

Suggest new thread in the Mountain Lion Destop Support Forum not in the SL -

As to burning a iso - this is what windows is best at - if you have a windows system - download their and burn to a Cd - you dont need a DVD.

Waste of plastic,

Thank you again, I have post about the mouse lag in ML thread let see. I got the cd working in windows.

Thank you again, I have post about the mouse lag in ML thread let see. I got the cd working in windows.

ajaj

Just to make sure you understand what this new iBoot Ivy Bridge DVD is all about

You will need to use this CD to boot the OSX SL - as the MultiBeast Boot loader is not working w the hardware which is why the iboot Ivy Bridge is needed.

Also the support for Video cards is not their for newer video cards - this works w HD 3000 and HD4000 on the processor -
So remove any newer cards - if you have older cards like nVidia 9500 then they are ok

So when you get to 10.6.8 - from boot w iBoot cd - get to the App store - buy - make ML unibeast thumb drive - and install ML over the top of the SL .

Then you can use the newer GFX card you have w ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back