1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings I need help please.

System:

GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V Motherboard - Micro ATX, Intel B75 Express Chipset, DDR3, USB 3.0, RJ-45, DVI-D, SATA 6Gb/s, AMD CrossFireX

Intel Core i5-3450 BX806237i53450 Processor - Quad Core, 3rd Generation, 6MB L3 Cache, 3.10GHz (3.50GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 77W, Fan, Retail

Sony Optiarc AD7280S-OB 24x DVDRW Drive - 24x, SATA, Black, OEM

Crucial Ballistix BLS2KIT4G3D1339DS1S0 Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-10600, DDR3-1333MHz, 240-pin DIMM, 1.5V, CL9, Non-ECC, Unbuffered

Galaxy GeForce GT 640 GC 64TPF8HX6FTZ Video Card - 2GB, DDR3, PCI-Express 3.0(x16), 1x Dual-link DVI-D, 1x VGA, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, Overclocked, Low Profile

Ultra ULT40278 XT MicroATX Tower Computer Case - MicroATX, USB, 90mm Fan, 120mm Fan, All-In-One Card Reader, Black

Ultra Limited Edition 450W Power Supply - ATX, Dual +12V Rail, Ultra Silent, Lifetime Warranty with Registration

BIOS:
  • Intel Virtualization Tech (VT-x): Enabled
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
  • XHCI Mode: Enabled
  • EHCI Hand-off: Enabled
  • Serial Port: Disabled
  • Parallel Port: Disabled
I'm using HDMI from my graphic card to connect to my monitor.
I took my graphic card out and tryied with on board VGA, same result.

Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD
iBoot CD

After I boot, when I insert the Snow Leopard DVD, it gets stuck in the Apple logo without any sniping indicator. I left the computer for one hour see if it is going to work but, it is not working. Can you tell me what I need to do please.

I did install Windows 7, without any problem on the same system.

System:

GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V Motherboard - Micro ATX, Intel B75 Express Chipset, DDR3, USB 3.0, RJ-45, DVI-D, SATA 6Gb/s, AMD CrossFireX

Intel Core i5-3450 BX806237i53450 Processor - Quad Core, 3rd Generation, 6MB L3 Cache, 3.10GHz (3.50GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 77W, Fan, Retail

Crucial Ballistix BLS2KIT4G3D1339DS1S0 Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-10600, DDR3-1333MHz, 240-pin DIMM, 1.5V, CL9, Non-ECC, Unbuffered

Galaxy GeForce GT 640 GC 64TPF8HX6FTZ Video Card - 2GB, DDR3, PCI-Express 3.0(x16), 1x Dual-link DVI-D, 1x VGA, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, Overclocked, Low Profile

Ultra ULT40278 XT MicroATX Tower Computer Case - MicroATX, USB, 90mm Fan, 120mm Fan, All-In-One Card Reader, Black

Ultra Limited Edition 450W Power Supply - ATX, Dual +12V Rail, Ultra Silent, Lifetime Warranty with Registration

BIOS:

iBoot CD

After I boot, when I insert the Snow Leopard DVD, it gets stuck in the Apple logo without any sniping indicator. I left the computer for one hour see if it is going to work but, it is not working. Can you tell me what I need to do please.

ajaj8420....

Whoa their Tiger .... Your selected hardware has issues w the intended OSX that you want to use I assume that you want to use 10.6 - SL.

First off this CPU is a ivy Bridge and this is not supported under OSX Snow Leopard - Better on OS Lountain LION.

Second - your MB will need a DSDT file - which is not available in the DSDT section - and you will need to build one - or find it w a Google Search.

Thirdly - this 640 Video card - unless the Nvidia Chipset that is in this card supports the Kext codes for the older Nvidia Chips that are used in older GFX cards that work w OSX SL ( backward compatable) we will have issues w Video -

Ok how to resolve this - Not sure what you want to to - Use OSX SL to get to Appe Store and get ML to make a Unitbeast Thumb drive for this hardware ( with the Ivy Bridge CPU).

But if you want to use SL on this hardware - we will need a 1155 CPU that is not a IB - so that means something else - like and older Pentium or an Sandy Bridge CPU - or the newer Sandy Bridge Pentiums.

Also you should ask around for an older GFX card to build this - hack for OSX 10.6 - Nvidia card.

SO bad news but now you know -

If you want to spend more time on this you need to use a command line group of startup switchs -
"-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No "
this should get you to the Apple Installer screen -
But if you do get this to completion - w this CPU - the App store will not work w this CPU.
So you cant advance to ML.

Thanks for the advise, I got my friends MAC, bought 10.8 ML from App store burned with unibest to USB, installed it with latest Multibest. It works great. Still one problem the audio from my HDMI Graphic card port is not working all I hear is wishing sound, but I can live with it.

Multibest setting:

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free installation
Audio Without DSDT: ALC887/888b Current
Network: Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81x
Boot Options: GraphicsEnabler=no, I did this because I don't have a DVI monitor, my computer Graphic card is connected to a HDMI tv.

My Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2048 MB, worked out of the box.

System Definitions:
Mac Pro Early 2008

Thanks to all of tonymacx86 contributors:headbang:

Thanks for the advise, I got my friends MAC, bought 10.8 ML from App store burned with unibest to USB, installed it with latest Multibest. It works great. Still one problem the audio from my HDMI Graphic card port is not working all I hear is wishing sound, but I can live with it.

Multibest setting:

Boot Options: GraphicsEnabler=no, I did this because I don't have a DVI monitor, my computer Graphic card is connected to a HDMI tv.

System Definitions:
Mac Pro Early 2008

aj....

Great news - yes HDMi can be troublesome - suggest you look at the AUDIO forum and also now that you have ML installed post a new tread in the ML desktop section.

Also check the main page of www.tonymacx86.com as their has been posts on HDMI info that may apply to you.

Multibest setting:

System Definitions:
Mac Pro Early 2008

Great build. HDMI will work but you will have to create a DSDT. Try following Toleda's guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html

That's the guide I used for my Zomac build in my sig. Works perfectly.

Multibest setting:

System Definitions:
Mac Pro Early 2008

ajaj842320

Did you check that you can play a DVD in the DVD player in Applications w/o any error
ALso can you play Chess

THese test you gfx functions for Qe/CI which are one of the may reasons we like mac's ...Oh Pretty Display.
You may want to look at this post and check to see if your Nvidia GFX drivers are current -
http://www.tonymacx86.com/272-nvidia-releases-lion-10-7-5-graphics-drivers.html

ajaj842320

Did you check that you can play a DVD in the DVD player in Applications w/o any error
ALso can you play Chess

THese test you gfx functions for Qe/CI which are one of the may reasons we like mac's ...Oh Pretty Display.
You may want to look at this post and check to see if your Nvidia GFX drivers are current -
http://www.tonymacx86.com/272-nvidia-releases-lion-10-7-5-graphics-drivers.html

-No, the DVD is not working it saying: There was an initialization error A valid DVD drive couldn't be found (-70012)
I draged and dropped the DVD in VLC, it works.

-Chess is good to go.

I updated to 10.8.2, all I had to do is to reinstall the audio from Multibest.
Installed HWMonitor, love it.
The trim on Samsung SSD 830 128GB, wasn't working. I downloaded Trim Enabler, after restart it works now.

Dual booting without any problem, but there is a noticeable difference in Cinebench bench marks between W7 and OS S 10.8.2.

W7
CUP = 5.49
OpenGL = 46.45

OS X 10.8.2
CPU = 5.23
OpenGL = 35.92

Multibest settings
Multibest setup.jpg[

Attachments

• Geekbench.tiff
    462.1 KB · Views: 160
-No, the DVD is not working it saying: There was an initialization error A valid DVD drive couldn't be found (-70012)
I draged and dropped the DVD in VLC, it works.

-Chess is good to go.

I updated to 10.8.2, all I had to do is to reinstall the audio from Multibest.
Installed HWMonitor, love it.
The trim on Samsung SSD 830 128GB, wasn't working. I downloaded Trim Enabler, after restart it works now.

Dual booting without any problem, but there is a noticeable difference in Cinebench bench marks between W7 and OS S 10.8.2.

W7
CUP = 5.49
OpenGL = 46.45

OS X 10.8.2
CPU = 5.23
OpenGL = 35.92

ajaj.....

That differnece is known as Overhead ....
WindBlows has a lot of stuff that gets in the way of the CPu/RAM/etc - doing what its supposed to do....:beachball:

Kind of like driving thourgh Rush hour traffic..... :banghead:
why do the call it RUSH HOUR Traffice when in fact you can't really RUSH ... :crazy:
more like stuck in a line...Should call it Hurry Up and Wait Traffic.....:lol:

System:

BIOS:

iBoot CD

ajaj

You may want to look at this new anouncement that could help you with your situation -

We have a new iBoot cd for Ivy Bridge that supports the Ivy Bridge line of CPU's and this should allow you to get to install SL and then allow You to get to the APP store an download - make - and install a UniBeast flash Drive.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back