CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For someone completely new to the process of getting a Hackintosh to work, are there any guides that list how to get the system up and running? I've searched the forums, but many posts seem to be Motherboard/CPU/GPU specific.

So far, I've gotten Mountain Lion to install using Unibeast on a USB, but here's my current situation:

1) When the USB drive is removed, I cannot load into OSX, instead receiving this message ("reboot and select proper boot device"). When the drive is connected, the boot-up is fine.
2) Upon using Multibeast, I cannot load into OSX, due to a frozen white screen on start-up.

I have no clue if I need to install a boot-loader first, Multibeast second, or whatever the proper configuration is to get this stuff working. As of now, I have a clean install of ML, but have not done anything past simply installing it from the Unibeast USB. Any advice on what order I should install and run programs, which programs are best to use, and how to work Multibeast? The configuration I used apparently didn't work.

Specs:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Intel i7 3770k
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Superclocked

The trouble I run into is with Multibeast. I have a basic idea of how to configure it per build, but my results are at best the "white screen of death". Have had no success even managing to boot the unit without the USB stick still installed (and in the case of a Multibeast fail, an entire reinstall).

The trouble I run into is with Multibeast. I have a basic idea of how to configure it per build, but my results are at best the "white screen of death". Have had no success even managing to boot the unit without the USB stick still installed (and in the case of a Multibeast fail, an entire reinstall).

If you install, then run MultiBeast and select only UserDSDT/NonDSDT + System Utilities and reboot without the USB drive what happens?

If white screen, it is probably caused by Apple dropping support for your graphics card. They drop cards with each new version of OS X.

To fix, you will probably need to add your card ID back into one of the NVDAHal kext plugins to get the card to work again.

I've seen the System Utilities option in the Lion version of Multibeast, but I don't seem to see it in the one for Mountain Lion. Should I run the Lion Multibeast first and then Mountain Lion, just Mountain Lion Multibeast or both one after the other?

Oh, and how might I go about adding the card ID back into the kext? New territory for me.

I've seen the System Utilities option in the Lion version of Multibeast, but I don't seem to see it in the one for Mountain Lion. Should I run the Lion Multibeast first and then Mountain Lion, just Mountain Lion Multibeast or both one after the other?

Oh, and how might I go about adding the card ID back into the kext? New territory for me.

System utilities is to repair permissions and rebuild caches - you can do the same by launching disk utility, select partition in left pane, select repair permissions in right pane, then reboot with -f boot flag.

Any time you add kext files to S/L/E you need to repair permissions or you risk a KP

I would try the following...

1. Install as per Tonymac guide..
2. When you´re done with multibeast step, reboot with USB(choose your mountainlion install disk) ones more.
3. Install latest nvidia drivers and reboot.
4 When you arrive at bootloader add theese flags PCIRootUID=0 -GraphicsEnabler=No -v

...and see what happends.

If that works...you simply have to add the PCIRootUID=0 -GraphicsEnabler=No flags to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Okay, I'm almost good to go, but I need a few more pointers if anyone can help:

Posted below is my Multibeast screenshot. With that setup, I can boot from the SSD without a problem and also have video and audio functionality. What I lose is my ethernet connection, which worked before I used Multibeast (I could connect to my Apple accounts and the web in general) so one of these options is screwing me up:

Multibeast.jpg

As a side note, I always get this screen on startup; any clue what this means?:

Startup.jpg

Please note the absence of an SSD labeled "Mountain Lion" on the desktop; it appears in the Finder, but not on the desktop (don't know if this is just how it works or is a bug; either way, it doesn't seem to impact performance).

What I lose is my ethernet connection, which worked before I used Multibeast (I could connect to my Apple accounts and the web in general) so one of these options is screwing me up:

Please note the absence of an SSD labeled "Mountain Lion" on the desktop; it appears in the Finder, but not on the desktop (don't know if this is just how it works or is a bug; either way, it doesn't seem to impact performance).
1. Ethernet - MultiBeast 5.0.2/Network/Select hnak AppleIntel1000e Ethernet
2. Finder/Preferences/Select Hard disks
3. Unplug UniBeast Installer/USB drive and/or any other USB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back