GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys :)

I´m stuck installing mountain lion on my pc...
I can boot from the Unibeast stick, but everytime i got a grey screen with "pls. restart your computer" (pictures in appendix). I testet some hours with bios setups, i flashed my biod with a "mod bios", but it doesn´t run...!
When i usw the verbose bootflag to see all the loading steps, the last message is
"WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil: getCPUIDInfo: this is a unknown cpu model 0x3a -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported"

Also there is something with

"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: start -- wait for service...... timed out"

My specifications are:

Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Intel i5 3570 "ivy bridge"
8GB DDR3 Ram (Corsair)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Could someone pls. give me a hint what i´m doing wrong? :)

IMG_20131003_122455_669.jpgIMG_20131003_122904_878.jpg

Hey guys :)

I´m stuck installing mountain lion on my pc...
I can boot from the Unibeast stick, but everytime i got a grey screen with "pls. restart your computer" (pictures in appendix). I testet some hours with bios setups, i flashed my biod with a "mod bios", but it doesn´t run...!
When i usw the verbose bootflag to see all the loading steps, the last message is
"WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil: getCPUIDInfo: this is a unknown cpu model 0x3a -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported"

Also there is something with

"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: start -- wait for service...... timed out"

My specifications are:

Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Intel i5 3570 "ivy bridge"
8GB DDR3 Ram (Corsair)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Could someone pls. give me a hint what i´m doing wrong? :)

Did you install FakeSMC? It is required. It is also included in EasyBeast and UserDSDT/DSDTFree selections in Multibeast. Are you following the guide? http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Also for your nvidia you need GraphicsEnabler=No

Hey RehabMan !
Thank you for your answer :)

How can i install FakeSMC? My problem is, i cant even get to the mac os installer...!
I followed a Unibeast guide to create a USB Stick. This Stick is my boot device, but i never reach the grey installer...!

I tested GraphicsEnabler=No before, but no success...!

Hey RehabMan !
Thank you for your answer :)

How can i install FakeSMC? My problem is, i cant even get to the mac os installer...!
I followed a Unibeast guide to create a USB Stick. This Stick is my boot device, but i never reach the grey installer...!

I tested GraphicsEnabler=No before, but no success...!

Boot with "-v" to diagnose. You could also try:
GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x -f UseKernelCache=No

Also, verify that your monitor is connected with a digital connection (DVI-D, HDMI, or DP... not VGA).

I know for some boards you need to install using integrated graphics then switch to the discrete card. I'm not sure if your setup is one of those, but it is something you could try.

Hey :)

Okay i dont believe... I only eject my GTX 660 out of the computer and i come into the installer without any flags or problems... :lol: :headbang:

But now i got the next problem...!
My "mac" doesn´t shutdown... I got a black screen with some text (Picture in appendix).
When i "kill" him and do a restart i get a kernel panic (also a picture in appendix).

Do you know what the problem / solution is?

Greetings :)

IMG_20131006_010604_436.jpgIMG_20131006_010838_330.jpg

Edit:
Aaaah, i have a DSDT from a guide here which is exacly for my board...!
Before the restart, i installed Multibeast with this DSDT of course!
Should i install the FaceSMC before i do the restart? How can i do this, with kext helper?

Hey :)

Okay i dont believe... I only eject my GTX 660 out of the computer and i come into the installer without any flags or problems... :lol: :headbang:

But now i got the next problem...!
My "mac" doesn´t shutdown... I got a black screen with some text (Picture in appendix).
When i "kill" him and do a restart i get a kernel panic (also a picture in appendix).

Do you know what the problem / solution is?

Greetings :)

View attachment 69162View attachment 69163

You need patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Have you installed anything with Multibeast yet? That is, are you booting from your HDD? For your computer, at a minimum, you need UserDSDT/DSDT free and patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back