Contribute
Register

Install OS X Mavericks on ASUS ROG G750JW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the steps in the default installation site but got no success. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

View attachment 87779

You don't search very well... Same machine.. Pain in the ass... Works perfectly using a usb boot with chamelion and 10.9.2, can't boot with clover on 10.9.2 but ok with 10.9.1.. Had that smae message only way to cure it was to reformat hard drive and start over.

build a boot disk with unibeast.. and delete all unnecessary kexts.. search for my posts.. as I might miss something here..

If you want full qe/ci you need to manually create an SMBIOS for an iMac14,3 google is your friend..

You will need to create an overide for the LCD display to get full functionality.. if you pull your EDID (asus uses several screens) and post it here I'll do that for you...

My smbios, and dsts are posted elsewhere.. google is your friend.. the dsdt has common fixes plus patched for rehabmans battery kext. plus inffo on other problems....

Don't bother with the clover config.plist as clover isn't working and that particular one I dont have set up for an iMac..

I still have to tweak the power modes but so far it works as expected..

you wil have to patch the bluetooth and wifi kexts and add axlethernet,generic usb, voodoo hda and rehabmans kexts.. (ps2,battery backlight, fakesmc) if you use 10.9.1 you will need emilydsh's bluetooth/wifi kexts not needed on 10.9.2 (at least on my build)

no other kexts are needed.. remember there are many builds of fakesmc..

also your hard drive needs to be a guid partition.. need to reformat hard drive.. no luck at all using it with windows on the same drive..

Sorry to sound like a broken record but I also have the G750JW model. I followed Rehabman's instructions on manually patching the kernel for the latest (as of 4/17/2014) Mavericks version on the App Store, but I only got a kernel panic in the end.

I simply used Unibeast to set up the install process, but before the installer even loads I get a KP. Was I supposed to do more than just patch the kernel on my USB stick? I also THINK I have my BIOS setting correct.

So my questions to you are as follow:
1 - Can you tell me what your BIOS settings were set to during the installation process?
2 - Was I correct on manually patching the kernel?
3 - Did I leave anything else out, or were there no further steps required to get things working?

Thank you. Anyone else with this particular laptop can pitch in, as this thread will surely help out others like myself.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but I also have the G750JW model. I followed Rehabman's instructions on manually patching the kernel for the latest (as of 4/17/2014) Mavericks version on the App Store, but I only got a kernel panic in the end.

I simply used Unibeast to set up the install process, but before the installer even loads I get a KP. Was I supposed to do more than just patch the kernel on my USB stick? I also THINK I have my BIOS setting correct.

So my questions to you are as follow:
1 - Can you tell me what your BIOS settings were set to during the installation process?
2 - Was I correct on manually patching the kernel?
3 - Did I leave anything else out, or were there no further steps required to get things working?

Thank you. Anyone else with this particular laptop can pitch in, as this thread will surely help out others like myself.

You need to be more specific about the nature of the KP. Quality photo of the entire screen/KP.

Hi,

Mavericks 10.9.2 work fine in my G750JW (audio, WiFi ac, GTX 765M, RJ45)

Clover installation

Attachments

• info.tiff
    93.2 KB · Views: 408
Hi,

Mavericks 10.9.2 work fine in my G750JW (audio, WiFi ac, GTX 765M, RJ45)

Clover installation

MacBookAir is not a very good choice. You should be using MacBookPro11,2.

i'm not find smbios MacBookPro11,2

it's my first hackintosh with Clover Bootloader

Look up my guide for ASUS G750JX. I posted my files and you have patched kernel there (I've patched the 10.9.2 after security update kernel with Rehabman's perl scripts and the CPU powermanagement works great) and how to work with some stuff.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...mavericks-asus-g750jx-installation-guide.html

and use MacPro 3.1 SMBIOS until you get everything working (Because it will allow you to install the latest Nvidia Mac drivers from them directly - just make sure you use nvda_drv=1)

I would also suggest NOT using Clover.. See my latest tutorial in the above link on making Chameleon your bootloader and have recovery OSX installation which is the best working way that requires the least amount of hassle.

With smbios MacBookPro 11.2 , I have a problem with Safari, when playing video (youtube , flashplayer)
Finder crash ,only the mouse can be used but no action possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back