Contribute
Register

Install Mountain Lion on HP EliteBook 8740w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing for me worth noting.. I did the unibeast partition, then installed 10.8.0 now that I think about it, as I might have updated to 10.8.1 since then. But the second step of the install is usually to run easy beast. I never ran that. When I ran that I always had problems. So I ran multibeast only to get 1 or 2 items working. In fact I think I only used the USB driver. I got the voodoo sound from an older Lion build.

What I am saying is,

Normally easy beast gives you some things plus it makes your partition bootable.

My install was so complete using just the normal apple install that I didn't see why to run easybeast and work out those issues. With the 2 partitions and the dongle for wireless and the voodoo for sound, I was all set.

What worked out of box was keyboard and trackpad, wired ethernet, bluetooth, graphics which is perfect by the way, and pretty much everything. In fact this week I found that external displays works fine with my HP display port to DVI cable adapter. For some reason a normal display port only to a display port monitor wont work but the adapter makes dvi monitors work fine.

back to your post. I did use the DSDT that was mentioned above and found it really helped in some of those cmos messages I see when I have issues. So thats where I am heading to get mines to a really good install.

are u success with your video card?
i have a same video card (Firepro 7820m) and i have trouble with this card when install Mac OS X!:crazy::crazy::crazy:
Anyone can help me? ;);)

are u success with your video card?
i have a same video card (Firepro 7820m) and i have trouble with this card when install Mac OS X!:crazy::crazy::crazy:
Anyone can help me? ;);)

Sorry for the very late reply.
To install, I booted with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No and used an external display connected to the VGA port.
I hope you won't need to do this and instead use my current boot configuration: AtiConfig=Nomascus AtiPorts=3 GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

I also edited the plist file in the graphics driver kext to add the device id for the graphics card.

Good luck!

I have the same laptop 8740w i5 M540 with nvidia quadro fx2800M and the same error at boot :( same as thr capture.

I don't know what to do.

I followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html with UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.7.0 and enable laptop and usbfix.

If someone can help me...

Thanks

If I remember correctly the problem I posted screenshots of was for 10.8.2.
I ended up installing 10.8.0, updated to 10.8.2 after install and used MultiBeast before the reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back