Contribute
Register

Install ML with XMove like Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it the version of Chimera that's currently in the download section? I seem to remember reading something somewhere that the version of Chimera in MB 4.6.1 wasn't the most recent one... it's worth a shot though... I'll give that a shot...

Yes, that one....it's been updated

And this is also what worked for me on the same issue

Just tried it... did you install it on the current Lion partition or on the Installer partition? I installed in on the Lion one and then ran XMove... but when I tried to boot from it, I got kicked back and it rebooted...

I installed it on the current lion partition

then i rebooted to boot from the installer partition and it finally worked.....

Hmmm... I'm going to delete the installer partition and start from scratch... Can't understand why going from Snow Leopard to Lion was no big deal with XMove... but it seems like ML just hates me!!!

Just to clarify... I'm using XMove 1.5.0 for ML... Did it seem like it was hanging at "Running Package Scripts" for anyone else? I'm almost wondering if I need to use rBoot or iBoot to get into the installer if this doesn't work...

I used Unibeast 1.5.0 to install the necessary files to the "Installer" partition I had made for Lion..

I just

1. erased "installer" partition first via disk utility,
  2. ran unibeast and chose "installer" partition as target,
  3. booted from "installer' partition,
  4. ran the install on the "Lion" Partition,
  5. booted with "Lion" partition after install,
  6. ran MultiBeast 4.6.1 (for sound) - everything worked as it was with Lion..

That's it.. everything went smoothly..

@praj - My current partition map is GUID but the Unibeast guide says to use MBR... did you use GUID or MBR? I'm sorely tempted to just go get an 8GB USB drive... but I don't think that my AsRock H55M-LE motherboard supports booting from USB...

I'm starting to get really frustrated... I tried Praj's method... no luck... I tried to install Multibeast on the Installer drive to see if that would work, nope... I've tried XMove - no joy... updated my Chimera... nothing...

Seriously starting to run out of options...

xMove 1.5.0 is now available for downloading at http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3. :headbang:

This new versions is like UniBeast 1.5.0 and has separate downloads for Lion and Mountain Lion.

UPDATE 2012-07-24 01:00 EDT:

There was a bug in the initial versions I uploaded.

So if you downloaded xMove 1.5.0 before 2012-07-24 01:00 EDT, you need to download it again.

Thanks a lot MacMan! I now have a working installation of Mountain Lion installed on my system!
0e59N.gif

*EDIT* Although, I do get a CMOS reset on restart, after waking up from sleep. I don't use a DSDT either, so I use SleepEnabler for sleep. Hopefully, it's just the AppeRTC patch in Multibeast that needs to be updated to support Mountain Lion

*EDIT 2* I was able to fix this by using the AppleRTC.kext from 10.6.8; so I guess something changed in Mountain Lion that renders the following command useless, at least on my system:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e ‘s|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|’ /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back