Contribute
Register

Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Ivy Bridge Based PCs

This cd Ivy Bridge cpu works for the installation of High Sierra.
I have an Intel DZ68DB MB and INTEL 3770K processor and I want to install High Sierra, can it be installed?

Why is that?
For the same reason WindowsXP will not run on modern computers. Lack of support in the OS for the hardware. Apple stopped supporting 10.6.8 before Ivy Bridge based motherboards were released. Also, newer chipsets with newer instruction sets developed for Ivy Bridge and later CPUs have no support in 10.6.x

For those of you looking to run Snow Leopard on Ivy Bridge CPUs, know that official kernel support and CPU support is not in the OS at all. As a matter of fact, the 2nd gen Sandy Bridge CPUs were only supported starting with 10.6.8. Users have had mixed results using the (now ancient) iBoot Legacy for a fresh install, as shown in the Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide. So we made a new boot CD just for Ivy Bridge CPUs called iBoot Ivy Bridge.

Use the default iBoot + MultiBeast guide, but simply substitute iBoot Ivy Bridge for the default iBoot. With this boot CD, I was able to achieve the following without access to a computer running OS X.

1. Install 10.6 Snow Leopard
2. Update to 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
3. Download Mountain Lion 10.8 from App Store
4. Create UniBeast USB to install Mountain Lion 10.8

All without doing any post-installation- just booting directly from iBoot Ivy Bridge. The ultimate goal being Mountain Lion. :thumbup:

iBoot for Ivy Bridge 1.0.0 is now available in tonymacx86 Downloads.

Leave your results here- we'll be working on this some more. :thumbup:

Credits:

• Legacy kernel - posted by stinga11 on osx86.net- created using the Legacy kernel source originally created by naw com, qoopz and kaitek.
  • iBoot 3.3.0
  • Special thanks to MacMan for his work on Chimera 1.11.1
can i install with a usb
?

Back