Graphics
Intel GMA960 x3100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to install Mavericks on my laptop, I previously had Mountain Lion fully updated on it. I can boot into the installer totally fine, without editing anything on the Unibeast USB like I had to for Mountain Lion. The issue is that the installer will randomly freeze without any errors. The whole screen just freezes the display and nothing further happens with the install. I know that I can install it, because once I got through the whole install process and managed to get it to boot up. I was trying to write a new guide for those with my laptop so I did I complete wipe and tried to reinstall and now I'm getting the freeze every time. Its normally around 19-13 minutes, while the installer is extracting the Essentials.pkg but sometimes it gets down to 5 minutes, extracting the MediaFiles.pkg and then freezes. I have redownloaded the mavericks app, redownloaded Unibeast and everything and still can't get it. I have a feeling that its a kext error with something to do with power management but I'm not sure which one would be causing the problem since on boot everything loads up fine. If anyone knows which kext might the problem I can try to roll it back and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for any help

I'm trying to install Mavericks on my laptop, I previously had Mountain Lion fully updated on it. I can boot into the installer totally fine, without editing anything on the Unibeast USB like I had to for Mountain Lion. The issue is that the installer will randomly freeze without any errors. The whole screen just freezes the display and nothing further happens with the install. I know that I can install it, because once I got through the whole install process and managed to get it to boot up. I was trying to write a new guide for those with my laptop so I did I complete wipe and tried to reinstall and now I'm getting the freeze every time. Its normally around 19-13 minutes, while the installer is extracting the Essentials.pkg but sometimes it gets down to 5 minutes, extracting the MediaFiles.pkg and then freezes. I have redownloaded the mavericks app, redownloaded Unibeast and everything and still can't get it. I have a feeling that its a kext error with something to do with power management but I'm not sure which one would be causing the problem since on boot everything loads up fine. If anyone knows which kext might the problem I can try to roll it back and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for any help

Are you sure the display isn't just sleeping? Try hitting a key (shift key, control key, etc) every once in a while during the install, so it doesn't go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back