Graphics
ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GTX 260
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone, I want to start thanking the marvelous guy named Tony who's behind all of this, and hoping anyone in this community is doing good with his creations.

I'm an OSx86 cruiser since 2009, and it's been a nice trip, full of tricks and satisfaction, and I really love iBoot+MultiBeast!

Now, to the problem: ofc you can read about my hardware from user info, but I'm trying to install Snow Leopard into an external USB Hard drive, with Tony's above mentioned method. At the first time I made it, then I wanted to upgrade to Lion, so I opted for xMove+MultiBeast solution, but when I rebooted from the Lion MultiBeast, I couldn't reach my OSx86 disk anymore: the PC reboots itself whenever I boot from my external HDD.

The strange thing is that the same iBoot CD I used yesterday to install Snow Leopard now gives the same error when trying to boot the PC with the external HDD plugged in. When it's off, no error appears. I would like to avoid reformatting my external HDD, but I can remember something like this has happened to me before, and had to format.

In my BIOS there's no such option as HPET, but I forced S3 resume, and if I configure SATA as AHCI, the POST never ends trying to auto-detect it as AHCI... but despite all of this, it seems OS X seems not to care.

Any help will be strongly appreciated! Thanks!! :wave:

EDIT: I think I need some clarifications about the "method" I used to install OSX on my external drive. I simply formatted my HDD into a 3 partitioned GPT scheme, and then restored snow leopard into the first 8GB partition, then iBoot+multibeast`d it.

I had a similar problem with Lion. It would help to have more information on the problem. Try booting it in verbose (-v) mode and let us know where it stops. You could also try safe mode (-x) and single user mode (-s).

What I did to fix it (or at least I think this was it) was add this to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist (or com.apple.Boot.plist):
Code:
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

There's the problem, I can't even see Chameleon before the pc reboots, I'd love to give some more info, but this is all I got!

Edit: I'll try changing org.chameleon.Boot.plist as you suggest, will let you know

Edit 2: Tried. It didn't change anything

UPDATE: I plugged the HDD into another PC, and it seems it worked, though before chameleon started, there appeared something like this in console text:

Boot0: GPT
Boot0: Checking
Boot0: Error
Boot0: Error
Boot0: Done

Do you suggest a BIOS update?

Hello there, I updated my BIOS, but it didn't change anything. Plus, I reformatted my HDD and still "no can do". I'm guessing my BIOS configuration is wrong. Someone here has found out the correct config for AMIBios v02.60? Only the superpowers of a real geek would help me out this time! :ugeek:

FabTheZen said:
Hello there, I updated my BIOS, but it didn't change anything. Plus, I reformatted my HDD and still "no can do". I'm guessing my BIOS configuration is wrong. Someone here has found out the correct config for AMIBios v02.60? Only the superpowers of a real geek would help me out this time! :ugeek:

I don't have that BIOS but do you have AHCI mode on and HPET in 64 bit?

unfortunately, there's no option to enable hpet in my BIOS. About AHCI I enabled it, and the only thing I get is that the internal hard disk doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back