CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
EVGA 1080Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So this isn't so much of a question as it is a statement.... but it will be followed by one...

I've just set up a Hackintosh for work (I *think* it's all working ok, it was having a horrible restart loop of death where it would get to the desktop, crash after 10 seconds, automatically restart and then repeat but after a BIOS update I've not encountered the problem for a day and a half) and I was sending some messages from my phone.

I then noticed that they started to come in on the new hack..! I couldn't quite believe it, all I'd done was add my email to Calendar just to sync my work diary, and iMessage appears to work now! Slightly annoying, as it's on the work computer I have taken it off, because I'm not the only one who uses it and we don't bother with user accounts...

But is this normal? Is this expected? I certainly didn't think so, but maybe it's because I'm on 10.10.3? (I'm only on 10.10.1 on my home desktop for GPU reasons, and I can't get iMessage to work on that).

I'm really really amazed that it is working, but also really really confused, as I've done NOTHING to actively get it working. I've barely touched Clover Configurator!

Specs are below:
Gigabyte Z97-UD7-TH
Intel 4790k
32GB Crucial RAM
EVGA GT 740 (didn't need anything fancy here)
Corsair RM650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back