CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I re-hacked my system, specs in profile. Got everything working but iMessage/Facetime so far, but iCloud and App Store work.

I followed this guide here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ EXACTLY step by step. Did literally everything in the guide from deleting the files, checking my serial, using imessage debug and generating serial numbers. However when I open up imessage and try to sign in, it just looks grayed out for a sec (my user info) and then the "sign in" button just goes back to normal like it didn't register I was signing in.

A couple of times I have gotten it to give me an activation error, when I tried regenerating all my values a second time. No dice though, still won't sign in.

I tried deleting the machine from my icloud account and on the system, signing out from my icloud. my ethernet is set to en0.

I have had imessage work on this machine countless times when I've hacked it, I don't understand why it won't work now.

Have you tried these guides? They worked for me. They are almost indetical with a few little differences that might matter.

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/6jnuh1/getting_imessage_working_on_1012x_sierra/

iMessage stopped working on one of my Lenovo machines once after a BIOS update.
It turned out that the new BIOS no longer supported native NVRAM and I had to emulate it with EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts. NVRAM support was restored in the next BIOS update.

See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/native-nvram-available.192920/

iMessage stopped working on one of my Lenovo machines once after a BIOS update.
It turned out that the new BIOS no longer supported native NVRAM and I had to emulate it with EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts. NVRAM support was restored in the next BIOS update.

See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/native-nvram-available.192920/

Thanks for all your help pilgrim, I'm wondering if you could link me to a thread that shows how to emulate NVRAM? I read the thread you gave and it just says what motherboards need emulated.

Also, I've never updated the BIOS on this machine, and iMessage has always worked in the past. So I'm a bit confused there :)

I've never updated the BIOS on this machine, and iMessage has always worked in the past. So I'm a bit confused there
If it has worked previously then the chances are that it is not the lack of native NVRAM support.

It is easy enough to install, just run the Clover installer and select EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts.

I read the thread you gave and it just says what motherboards need emulated.
You missed the part where it showed you how to test for it then ?

If it has worked previously then the chances are that it is not the lack of native NVRAM support.

It is easy enough to install, just run the Clover installer and select EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts.

You missed the part where it showed you how to test for it then ?

Yes apparently I did, mistakes happen though :)

What would you recommend I do. I could try getting new values for SMBIOS using the iMessage for idiots thread, or I could try the NVRAM.

What would you recommend I do. I could try getting new values for SMBIOS using the iMessage for idiots thread, or I could try the NVRAM.
New values won't really do anything if your problem lies elsewhere.
I would test for native NVRAM support first and eliminate that from the equation.

New values won't really do anything if your problem lies elsewhere.
I would test for native NVRAM support first and eliminate that from the equation.

OK I will test NVRAM right now :)

If that's not the issue, what else could be wrong? I follow the thread idiots imessage exactly, and I have a card attached to my apple id, and it's not blacklisted because I can sign in on other devices :)

If that's not the issue, what else could be wrong?
I follow the thread idiots imessage exactly, and I have a card attached to my apple id, and it's not blacklisted because I can sign in on other devices
I wrote that guide, it is how I set up all of my builds.
If it does not work for you I have no idea because it works every time for me.
If you need help you should post in the How to Fix iMessage thread.

I wrote that guide, it is how I set up all of my builds.
If it does not work for you I have no idea because it works every time for me.
If you need help you should post in the How to Fix iMessage thread.

Thanks, NVRAM terminal command gave me a result, so I guess that's not the problem. iCloud is giving me an error everytime I boot up the Mac though "sign in" so I guess I'll try to re-follow your guide. Thanks for your time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back