Contribute
Register

iMessage & FaceTime - The server encountered an error processing your registration. Please try again

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i3-3225
Graphics
MSI GTX 650 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ever since I updated to 10.8.4 via the App store (and subsequently via the downloaded Combo Updater due to audio related issues), FaceTime and iMessage no longer function. I reinstalled Chimera to see if it would fix the issue but it did nothing. Am I the only one suffering from this? My iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Air are working fine.

Ditto for me.

Alright, I downloaded Chameleon Wizard, selected the SMBios tab and generated a random serial number. My original serial number checked out valid on Apple's website, but for some reason it just wasn't working. The new serial number works like a charm after rebooting.

I have the same problem with iMessage - The server encountered an error processing your registration. Please try again later.
iCloud and App Store work fine and I can login on these apps.

I generated a new serial# with Chameleon wizard, rebooted still have same problem with iMessage and can't get logged in without an error. iMessage works fine on my other Macs, iPhone, etc.

I am running a clean install of 10.8.4 using UniBeast. Is there something else I should be trying?

Build Info:
Sandy Bridge i7 2600k
Gigabyte Z68-udh3-b3
Nvidia 480 GTX

Here is how I fixed iMessage.

I modified my hosts file and replaced the contents with this below. Do this even if it looks identical or nearly identical.

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost

Open Finder (or PathFinder) Select Go --> Go to Folder, enter /etc
Find the invisible hosts file, change the contents, do a copy paste. If you have problems with he file being locked I used the PathFinder App to edit it directly. Alternately you can copy the host file to the Desktop, then edit it from there and then copy the file back in place to the /etc folder.

REBOOT and try to login to iMessage again. It then worked for me.

Note: I did try TetrisFreak's recommendation for using Chameleon Wizard, and generating a new random serial number first. But that alone didn't work for me so not sure if that was needed or not in my particular configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back