Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello I bought Civilization 5 For My iMac And Yes It Was a Mac Version Anyway so it Doesnt work Letters wont show up So what i Have to Do is Buy A New Graphics Card But idk
what Size IS My iMac's Graphics Card Slot Is So I Can Know Which One To buy.
So How Do i Find Out ive Looked In the System Profiler But i Cant Find Anything.
Can Someone Help?

samthehero99 said:
Hello I bought Civilization 5 For My iMac And Yes It Was a Mac Version Anyway so it Doesnt work Letters wont show up So what i Have to Do is Buy A New Graphics Card But idk
what Size IS My iMac's Graphics Card Slot Is So I Can Know Which One To buy.
So How Do i Find Out ive Looked In the System Profiler But i Cant Find Anything.
Can Someone Help?
What iMac do you have? Goto About this Mac" > More info and then Apple Support on Apple's site. Click on the Tech Spec's button and type in the serial number. This will give you the information on your iMac. :wave:

EDIT: It also appears than many iMac's GPUs are soldered to the mother board, so no change.
Just going to have to build a Hackintosh. :clap:

* Integrated video chipsets are not supported
GMA 950: Mac Mini(2006,2007), iMac(2006), Macbook(2006,2007)
GMA X3100: Macbook(2007,2008), MacBook Air(2008)
Intel HD Graphics 3000

That's off of the one that you download from the app store.

Even if you could, have you ever taken apart an iMac? Let me tell you it's not fun. It's not as simple as sliding it out and sliding a new one in.

pwalth21 said:
Even if you could, have you ever taken apart an iMac? Let me tell you it's not fun. It's not as simple as sliding it out and sliding a new one in.
+ 1 That's why I have a 2010 iMac i3 with 8GB sitting and built a Hackintosh. :thumbup:

well the only other choice i have is to buy a new mac im planing on buy the new imac thunderbolt.Another thing one of my friends said that the game is not showing the letter cause the requirements for the game say you have to have 256 VRAM Video ram
YOu guys THing thats the problem i only have 156 VRAM.
What you guys think?

You still haven't told us what graphics card you have or which iMac you have. We need more info to help you.

Also just another question, Why are you on a hackintosh forum and you don't have a hack and have plans to buy a new mac that isn't a hack? Not that I care just curious.

Well nvmd I did some research off your ever so helpful profile specs. You have an early 2006 iMac if your graphics card specs are correct. First off it was called ati back then not aty. Second, there is no way this computer is going to run Civ 5, and this is the exact iMac I took apart for the hell of it a long time ago. The GPU is soldered on as well so no changing that out. And last but certainly not least, Go build yourself a hackintosh.

I really Dont wanna Build one i dont wanna go through all that trouble i already found a new 27 inch imac one of the new ones all i want to know is are the letters not showing up because of my VRAM or is it just my graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back